hello from canada

bushnut

hi guys I'm a new Pathy owner. in fact just bought it this week. It's a 2000 SE all stock. I'm looking for advice on upgrades. and some tech info. like max tire size, actual suspention travel, and the 4x4 system. what is the power split in 4hi vs 4lo, can you install a posi track in the rear, locking hubs in front? lift options etc...I've had a hard time finding any of this and ended up buying the Pathy on reputation as a capable off roader with good street handling.

my last truck was a 98 jeep cherokee and i needed something just a little bigger.

My off road adventures mostly revolve around hunting/fishing and bush camping. I rarely go wheeling for the sake of getting stuck.

Any thoughts about mounting a winch to the trailer hitch? 2" receiver.

• Like 1

Welcome! Head on over to http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/forum/67-r50-faqs-pinned-topics/ for a wealth of info, should be everything you need to know.

The R50 IS a capable wheeler sock, I recomend plenty of hunting/fishing and bush camping trips while it its stock so you know where to go with your mods. The first time I took my pathy "wheeling" was with a buddy in the snowy winter mountains, I was astonished what I could get through in my stock pathy and it was probably the most fun I have had in it.

• 3 weeks later...