Please help identify this problem. Steering?

lint

Hiya! Today I'm sanding & Por15-ing my rusting front fenders and while I was at it, doing a front end check.

So, when I grab my passenger tire @ 9 & 3 o-clock and wriggle it, there is movement (about 1/4-1/2"). When I do the same motion at 6 & 12 o-clock, there is no movement. What's gonna be my next "to-do"?

Thanks,

L

TRE's, center link, idler arm? Possible steering box play. I had what you described, replaced everything but the idler arm and I have a tiny bit of play now.

Oh, my centerlink was what causing most of it, I just got a really good deal on Moog TRE's so I replaced those as well.

Edited by Trogdor636

have a friend watch as you shake (or make them shake so you can watch) and look at the steering pieces to see where the play is at. Watch the tie rod ends and the center link primarily as I (without seeing to be exact) is where I would personally look first

Loose bearings would rock up and down as well as side to side.

Mine had similar symptoms. It was actually a little disconcerting at highway speed. I ended up doing upper and lower ball joints, TREs, centerlink, and idler, all of which were probably original. It's not perfect now but it's a whole lot better!

If you want to try things one at a time, the centerlink's probably a good first guess.