Seat comfort in XE vs SE

jwblue

Between my buddies XE and my SE, the only thing I really notice is the fabric. And maybe my SE has lumbar. Of course mine are 18 years old and his are 19, so maybe brand new they were built different....but I sort of doubt it.

The XE fabric is not much too look at but IMO it is tougher and better if the trucks used as a work truck. I still like my se seats better though.

Edited by adamzan
  • Like 1

do the XE seats have that height adjustment? Back when I had the hardbody I always had the seat at the highest setting, but now years later (and older!!)in the PF I can't stand the seat adjusted all the way up.

Between my buddies XE and my SE, the only thing I really notice is the fabric. And maybe my SE has lumbar. Of course mine are 18 years old and his are 19, so maybe brand new they were built different....but I sort of doubt it.

I believe that it does. XE does not. That makes a difference.

The XE fabric is not much too look at but IMO it is tougher and better if the trucks used as a work truck. I still like my se seats better though.

I completely agree. The XE seats could probably take a lot more abuse than the SE seats.

SE seats are more comfortable and sportier feeling but the XE are your basic truck seats

I noticed that the SE seats sink you more closer to the floor while the XE seats elevate you up a bit

"I noticed that the SE seats sink you more closer to the floor while the XE seats elevate you up a bit"

make sure you adjust the height on the SE seats

There is no height adjustment on SE seats. The driver seat will only tilt forward and back.

Are we talking leather vs cloth or cloth vs cloth?

I have leather in my SE and the leather is torn to shreds and held together with duct tape. Despite that they are super supportive (hard/firm). The cloth seats in my donor XE vehicle are going to be put in the SE. The fabric seems pretty rough, but they aren't torn to pieces like the leather so the choice is obvious... The XE seats aren't as supportive (hard) so longer trips will probably be better.

I'm going over to the donor vehicle today if I can (maybe even to swap out the seats), and I'll sit in the cloth seats for a few minutes with shorts and a wife beater on and let you know just how rough the fabric is against my legs and back.

side note: I'm starting to think that SE and XE were random letters put on the pathfinders and really hold no meaning other than a resale value...

Are we talking leather vs cloth or cloth vs cloth?

I have leather in my SE and the leather is torn to shreds and held together with duct tape. Despite that they are super supportive (hard/firm). The cloth seats in my donor XE vehicle are going to be put in the SE. The fabric seems pretty rough, but they aren't torn to pieces like the leather so the choice is obvious... The XE seats aren't as supportive (hard) so longer trips will probably be better.

I'm going over to the donor vehicle today if I can (maybe even to swap out the seats), and I'll sit in the cloth seats for a few minutes with shorts and a wife beater on and let you know just how rough the fabric is against my legs and back.

side note: I'm starting to think that SE and XE were random letters put on the pathfinders and really hold no meaning other than a resale value...

Cloth vs. cloth.

I have a pair of cloth buckets from a 93-95 (i don't remember anymore) that don't have the adjustable headrests, I ain't sure what trim level the thing was anymore that donated them, I do prefer my older more broken in 88 SE seats (though the blue pair I have that are WhiteOwls original seats are a bit firmer than the grey ones from ToolShed)

Just got a set of LE cloth seats.. I have to say just sitting in them compared to my XE seats they're definitely more comfy! Then again my XE seats were worn in (though cosmetically they look nice?) I could feel a bar when I leaned back into the seat.

No. I've seen SE's with leather, and LE's with cloth. Nissan should of just kept the XE-SE-LE sticker off the hatch because you could get almost any option on any version. I've never seen a XE with leather, adjustable shocks, or the factory sunroof (though I think Nunya had/has seen one?). I've never seen a LE with the swing out spare tire carrier, but someone may prove me wrong on that one too.