Rear axel bearing grease seal replacement

Entropy98

Hey I have not been on the boards for quite sometime, but I need a little help/advice. I think that the rear pass axle bearing grease seal is leaking causing grease to get into the rear drum. Because of this there is no breaking power in the rear pass side. I am planning on replacing this my self and am looking for some heads up if anyone has done this before.

Can I just pull the axle shaft, and replace the outer seal, or do I have to pull the bearing cage and replace/repack everything inside?

Thanks,

Tyler

Edited by Entropy98

Yeah I have all the PDF files of the service manual, and have looked at them extensively. Today I pulled everything apart, and have decided to take the baffle plate attached to the axle shaft to a company with a press. They will replace everything in the bearing cage including the grease seal, then press it all back onto the axle shaft. Unfortunately I have to wait till Monday to get this done. While I am at it I am also going to relace the oil seal as well as all the brake components. Thanks,

I suspect the oil seal in the first place. Very rare does just the grease seal leak simply because grease it thicker so the seal has to be more worn. But if the oil seal is leaking then the oil gets into the bearing and thins out the grease to a point that it can leak...