What were you driving in 1987 (if you were old enough to drive) ?

ahardb0dy

87 was probaly about the time my mom got the big block 1970 Green/woodgrain country squire LTD wagon she had for many many moons that I would ride in the way back of and always rip the taillight wiring out with my feet. I'd love to build her a replacement for that car (well for me and give to her to borrow for a time frame of whenever the eff she wants)

My first was in '89. I bought it for $500 when I was eighteen. It was an abomination made by General Motors that Chevrolet titled "Citation". Interesting story, I bought it from the country singer Randy Travis' cousin. Apparently, it had been his grandfathers car who was a rather large man that cut the shoulder strap out of the seat belt. I was not impressed with the car or the family linage but, it was my first and I'll never forget it.

*edit to keep with the original question ...

I was driving mom's "new" '86 Camry or dad's '85 Mercury Topaz (read Ford Tempo) on my temporary license.

Edited by devonianwalk

You've talked aboot that Fury enough, but finally a pic. What happen to it?

Since others are doing it, this was my first truck was a '89 F150. I got it in the spring/summer of 01 after getting mad at my dad for trying to sell it. It had blown head gaskets and 199k. The tires were worthmore then what he wanted..

Closes pic I could find, only diffrence is the visor, frill guard and mine has a red strip to break up the body lines more.

591291.jpg

It now has 203k and a cracked head...

Edited by nismothunder

1969 holden HT prem v8 paid 800 aud

my first ride found in a barn on mates property in may 87. it turned out to be his nan's church car lol only driven on sundays it had 25000 orig miles on it :) nice stock 308 powerglide kept it in the faimy untill last year when i had to sell it for legal fees. the pic is the same color but not my car ive got some photo negitives somewhere lol.

800px-Holden_HT_Premier_Sedan.JPG

Edited by fman

I have a reason for why I picked 1987, and it doesn't have to do with my first new vehicle. Has more to do with the brand of vehicle....

fair enough i got my first nissan in 89 a d21 cab chassis as a farm truck 5 nissan's later :)

Edited by fman

In 1987 I had three vehicles. My '64 Nissan Patrol, and '71 & '72 Datsun 1200s. One a coupe the other a sedan. I was mostly driving the '71 1200 sedan. I bought my first 510 that year but it wasn't running until 1988.

In 1987 I had three vehicles. My '64 Nissan Patrol, and '71 & '72 Datsun 1200s. One a coupe the other a sedan. I was mostly driving the '71 1200 sedan. I bought my first 510 that year but it wasn't running until 1988.

Any pics of that Patrol?

1987 I was 27yrs old and had been driving since I was 14 learned on stick shift's. I drove a 1968 caddy eldorado baby blue I paid a friend $200.00 dollars for it his dad owned a body shop and was alway's getting deals on cars,trucks.motorcycles.Remember gas was cheap back then and we all still complained about being to high.LOL.

I was swimming about in the form of baby batter until around october or november 1987 then i made my way to the egg and came in (no pun intended) first place!

First car was in 2005, the 91 honda accord LX Coupe that would spontaneously shut off leaving me stranded often, then not want to start, then start but not go past 2500 rpms.

My first was in '89. I bought it for $500 when I was eighteen. It was an abomination made by General Motors that Chevrolet titled "Citation".

something wrong with you boy... (no I never had a Citation and especially not a x11 :hide: )

Hmmm easy one.... i got the old family car.... a 1973 Datsun 510 wagon with 500k on the clock.... I miss that car, as a month after getting it I flipped it!

Edited by outoway

something wrong with you boy... (no I never had a Citation and especially not a x11 :hide: )

:lol: I actually wanted an X-11 (only teens with a regular issue Citation noticed them)

X-11

chevrolet-citation-x-11-03.jpg

Mine had a trunk, not the hatch ...

237905502_39b6984903_z.jpg

Citation is what the Cadillac cimmaron was based off of then the cavalier (not the other way around to much suprise. The Cavilac was first!) so that's actually a verry accurate observation :aok: