G-Oil, Green Earth Technology

BBB

Did an oil change today and decided to go with a new product (new to me). G-Oil full synthetic 5w30. I saw the 2-Guys Garage show where they did a special on G-Oil and decided to give it a try. I'll post follow-up as I put some mileage on the motor with this oil. I'm impressed by this being made in the USA by an American company. All other company claims aside, I'm interested in how this oil holds up and how well it lubricates the engine, namely my noisy valve train. I was using 5w30 dino, no particular brand loyalty. Current mileage on odo is 326,xxx with a new WIX filter.

This oil is free after rebate - be sure to get it! http://www.getg.com/

This oil is fine - it is API rated, after all. A virgin oil analysis of this oil isn't very stellar, but keep in mind a $20 VOA cannot detect every component of the oil. No doubt this oil uses some organic elements which are undetectable in a typical cheapo VOA. It has held up fairly well in a couple UOAs: 2005 Ford Exploder, 5k miles and 96 Volvo 850 Turbo 10k miles.

For free after rebate, you can't beat it! I think it will easily go 5k miles minimum.

• 4 months later...

I realize it's been over 3 months since my last oil change. An injury to my clutch foot has left me unable to drive the BlueBomber for the last 6 weeks. I did an oil change yesterday and here are a few observations. I've been pleased with the performance of the G-Oil I put in back in July. It quieted my noisy valve train and ,based on what came out the crankcase, did a good job cleaning the engine internals. I know, Iknow, these are purely subjective observations with no scientific data to back it up but I said I'd post up with an update so there you have it.

That's partially not true actually. Not when it comes to certain engines. I know the VG requires a really detergent heavy oil to not build sludge. I think Mr.510 recommended the use of Valvoline Maxlife to avoid sludge buildup.

That's partially not true actually. Not when it comes to certain engines. I know the VG requires a really detergent heavy oil to not build sludge. I think Mr.510 recommended the use of Chevron oil to avoid sludge buildup.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Dredging up an old thread for an update:

After my last post on this topic in December 2012 I did one more oil change with the G-oil and then it disappeared off the shelves at wallyworld. I was happy to use it and was getting good results and sorry to see it go. I emailed Green Earth Technologies. I got a reply about them renegotiating their distribution agreement and never saw the G-oil again except on Amazon. So I'm in wallyworld last week getting the oil for my wife's Mitsu when I see the familiar black and green jug with the big green G on it. Happy day! Only there was just the one lonely jug on the shelf. So I bought it. I love seeing an American company trying to do some new and innovative and have a good product. Now if they could just get their distribution going.