Well....this was fun

Well I got the truck back and man does it ever drive like a complete dream now! Its so smooth and stable and controlable lol Here are some pics of the damage and what it looks like now. The front bumper had to come off and the fender beat on to try and get it back into alignment but its good now. Just trying to figure out custom bumper designs now.

IMAG0759.jpg

IMAG0758.jpg

IMAG0753.jpg

IMAG0760.jpg

IMAG0771.jpg

IMAG0773.jpg

IMAG0763.jpg

It was just my only reaction really, it was 10 30 at night and pitch black outside and all of a sudden you see something dart out in front of you can you swerve. Its the only thing that I could do really.

I totally understand, my initial reaction is to swerve also, that's the normal response. I guess I didn't say it right, just saying the if you have the time to make a conscious decision, in many circumstances it is better hit one animal than involving/hurting a human, including yourself obviously. Hey, it's not like I cruise around looking for pets to run down... ;)

Glad you got your truck back and it's correctly repaired. I advocate an aftermarket bumper to everyone who wants to keep their pathy. The stock one is so flimsy that it doesn't take much to have serious damage in a minor accident.

B

1 - Dude, that sucks!

2 - Glad you're OK.

3 - Happy for you that it's mostly put back together (and can perhaps mod something wonderful out of it - e.g. front bumper)

4 - Did you get new shoes? Looks like they are all AT's in a couple of the last few photos?

Wow, that's a steal. Strong work.

I had a friend wheeler that once suggested I take the front bumper off and just leave it that way. I never imagined it actually looking as good as it does that way.

EDIT - or maybe it wouldn't look very good with my little 33's. Ha!

Edited by Rick13

I had a friend wheeler that once suggested I take the front bumper off and just leave it that way. I never imagined it actually looking as good as it does that way.

+1

It does look like it's going to "eat" anything in it's path.