Susp. Lift

Idk if it's just from seeing all the other pathfinder pics, but our pathfinder just looks too low, especially the back end. I don't want to sacrifice daily driving ability, and ride, but would love something mild yet noticeable. I've seen different options for 2" kits that seem reasonably affordable (and that's what I'm going for). Is that pretty close to the height limit without effecting drivability?

I also noticed that you can just purchase the coils without shocks. Is it a big deal to not upgrade the shocks at the same time? It's a 2000 with about 67,000 mi. Thanks

Also, trying to stay on budget for now, I think I may just paint the stock wheels black (ugly as they are) and will be in the market for tires. The off road look is great but I'd like something with a tread guarantee. I know there are only a few really off road capable tires with that benefit. It will be used 90% on road, so wearability there is necessary, with decent off road capability. Thx

the 2" lift for this is great, I just put mine on and I love it. My handling and drivability hasnt gotten any worse at all. But if you do your lift get the complete package of shock, struts and coils, yeah its a little more expensive but its worth knowing its all new and in good condition. As far as tires that are good on tread between offroad and onroad, I have a set of hankook dynapros and they are amazing, I have had them for a year and I really haven't worn them down at all and traction with them is ridicious ha.

Thanks for the feedback! And your lift looks sharp. I'm assuming you bought it at 4x4parts.com? I'll look into those hankook tires. I know they used to be a much more affordable option to bridgestone, fallen, etc, but it seems like their prices have come up recently.

I purchased my lift "kit" from 4x4parts.com. I could have saved a lot of money by getting the shocks (Rancho) and struts (KYB) from Ebay. I wish that I had shopped around a little before clicking the "purchase now" button on that $$$ site. Get the springs from them but, look around for the other suspension components.

Thx Devonian! Thats useful information. What about the camber adjustment kit? Does the preassembled kit tell you what type of shocks are needed (I thought one kit only came with rear shocks). Btw, the white with black rims looks great. What type of lights are on your bar?

yes the tires have started there price rise, its because the demand for them is gettin big. But just look around I know last time I was over at les schwab they were telling me about some new tires they got in, the tread on them is almost the same thing as BFG A/Ts and they were a lot cheaper but I can't remember the brand name at the moment.