looking at Cadillac CTS's for my wife anyone have one?

ahardb0dy

My wife wants a Cadillac CTS, I have been looking online and found a few that are reasonable, anyone own one or have any experience with them?? I wouldn't mind getting another Infiniti Q45 like we had but with gas prices don't think a 300 HP V8 would be the best choice, LOL,

Thanks

we went and test drove one it was awesome !!! Kicked our BMW535 twin turbo cars ass. But she didn't like the looks of it soooo she bought a Jeep JKU instead . Now she can haul her dogs and bike without help from me. She wants a new car in 2 years so we will be looking at M3 's this time.

Depending on the year. Last time I checked one out it was trashed. All the plastic panels were falling off and the trunk had water in it. They are great cars but only in the older generation. The first generation I think was the best. The second not so much.

Depending on the year. Last time I checked one out it was trashed. All the plastic panels were falling off and the trunk had water in it. They are great cars but only in the older generation. The first generation I think was the best. The second not so much.

So the fact that one car was beat and abused, that makes all of them crappy?

I mentioned this to a friend whose parents had one for a few months. He said it handled amazingly (the CTS mind you, not the CTSV), and even the larger of the V6s had enough power to get it to move. Of course, Cadillacs have nice interiors, but for this car, "nice interior" kinda means some nice leather seats but a bunch of plastic dash pieces. You might want to pony up and get a 1st gen CTSV. At this point, it's probably good performance for your dollar. The 2nd gen CTSV is where it's at though.

I've driven a non-v, wasn't bad really for the short time I drove it and personally I am on PaMountianbikers Mrs. side as I ain't a fan of the styling (but to each their own and don't let my taste sway your opinion on it's looks). All I can suggest is don't just go for a quick and dirty around the block test drive when you do go to look at one. Try to put it through some of your regular use cycle, see how well you can see merging on a hiway, if your gonna die tryign to cut in front of that old man in his Cutlass Ciera while trying that merge, how well can you judge/see in Giant Eagles parking lot, is it comfortable for your whole ride to work, that kinda crap