swap 5speed engine with auto engine?

keelhaul

I am thinking of replacing my vq35 engine in my manual transmission 2002 pathy. Since 5sp engines seem hard to find I was thinking maybe an auto engine might be made to work.

Other than the lack of power valves in the manual engine is there any other differences? Could the intake be easily swapped over? Would any vq35 from 2001-2004 bolt up and work?

any info would be appreciated

If you do take this on would you be willing to take some pictures of the bell housing on the transmission and the flywheel side of the motor? I am trying to see how they look. But as for your question I am pretty sure you need another manual motor. Looking in my chiltons manual the bell housing between the auto and manual are way different.

I don't understand how the same engine from the same rig could have a different bell housing... auto or 5spd. Wd21s have the same bell housing from 1987-1995... regardless of auto or 5spd. Correct me if that is wrong but it just doesn't make sense to me...? (New sheit confuses the hell out of me!) :-)

I know it makes no sense at all. But they do. If you try finding an engine it will want the vin and if its a manual or auto. I believe they kept the same manual trans out of the 96-99 ones. I would say to save money but its a different block. So who knows.

linkinpark, youre mistaken, the vq block is the same whether its for an auto truck or the manual truck, the only thing youll need to worry about is making sure you put the right pilot converter in the back of the crank, to validate my claim i looked up the part number for a vq35 short block on an r50, didnt designate auto or manual, and it gave me one part number (11000-4W001) - i work parts for a nissan dealership