Kinda makes me wonder...

mine are mounted almost exactly the same way on my pathy and I have never had a problem thus far??

Just because you have yours this way doesn't mean it's correct. The shocks are designed to mount like they do stock for a reason. They are designed to pivot on the mount not bind on the mount.

• Like 1

Good eye TME...those are already cut off...had one of the guys at a local 4x4 shop weld those on because I've been so busy working...long story short. thats not the only thing he F up...just waiting for the new ones to get in...I was using the factory uppers for the rear but now I am going to make a custom upper mounts so I can move the shocks up higher and angle them in a little more...

• Like 1

Good eye TME...those are already cut off...had one of the guys at a local 4x4 shop weld those on because I've been so busy working...long story short. thats not the only thing he F up...just waiting for the new ones to get in...I was using the factory uppers for the rear but now I am going to make a custom upper mounts so I can move the shocks up higher and angle them in a little more...

Just keep in mind the more you angle them the less they will dampen the bumps. The shock won't compress as much as they would if they where mounted straight up and down. It would almost be like changing the valving in the shocks to a much softer setup.

• Like 1

Just keep in mind the more you angle them the less they will dampen the bumps. The shock won't compress as much as they would if they where mounted straight up and down. It would almost be like changing the valving in the shocks to a much softer setup.

That's correct. A shock is the most efficient when it is directly perpendicular to the road. All axle shocks are a little bit of a compromise though. It really does work better when the shocks are slightly diagonal with an axle for flex reasons.

I want to see a pic of the inside of the fender please.

i can show you a picture before its finished if you like.? i still need to weld in some plate and then it will be finished

That's what I want to see. I'm worried about cutting mine that much because I don't know what's behind it.

i will take some pictures later today if i get a chance

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

here is a couple little text flexing going on...need to move the front shock hoops up higher...the shocks are bottoming out...but it will be an easy fix for that

pathflex4.jpg

pathflex3.jpg

pathflex2.jpg

pathflex1.jpg

good to see it out of the shop dont for get to send me some more pics with the front drive line and shocks moved!! Now that you moved that hanger your tg springs have your axle sitting right where my springs would have put it so that is a good thing too!!! still too bad that you had to fix that stuff!! keep me posted on your buddy too!!

• 1 month later...

so i got the front drive shaft installed and now im needing to re-route the Y pipe so it will clear when flexing...does anyone have any pictures or ideas for the re-routing.?

thanks

• 1 month later...

Well my steering felt like it was gong to break something when I locked into 4wheel yesterday...I was on dry pavement and couldn't turn the wheels without the steering feeling locked up...I unlocked the hubs and it was working fine again...time to dig into this a little more...

any ideas..?