Patagonia Expedition - 2012/2013

flnl

Glad to let you know we've just started planning an expedition to visit this region on the south of Argentina and Chile.

It will be about - or more than - 12000 to 15000 km, some people will start the trip at Sao Paulo, others in Porto Alegre, and the target is Ushuaia / Argentina.

• Like 1

Glad to let you know we've just started planning an expedition to visit this region on the south of Argentina and Chile.

It will be about - or more than - 12000 to 15000 km, some people will start the trip at Sao Paulo, others in Porto Alegre, and the target is Ushuaia / Argentina.

Hey what a good trip!! If you need some help in Chile, you can write me a PM.

Regards

R

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey what a good trip!! If you need some help in Chile, you can write me a PM.

Regards

R

Sure!

We'll visit Torres del Paine, and I also would like to know La Carretera Austral, but I'm afraid we won't have enough time to do it at this trip. Good plan for another one !

We are also afraid of the lack of gas in some regions of Argentina, do you have any advice about south of Chile ?

Regards,

Fernando

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sure!

We'll visit Torres del Paine, and I also would like to know La Carretera Austral, but I'm afraid we won't have enough time to do it at this trip. Good plan for another one !

We are also afraid of the lack of gas in some regions of Argentina, do you have any advice about south of Chile ?

Regards,

Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Good news, your trip is real close!! Sorry for my late reply but I have not ralized that you have posted here..

In Chile there is no problem with gas, you can take a look this site in advance to check gas stations and price:

http://www.bencinaen...or.php?region=3

For argentinean routes you can download Proyecto mapear set of maps for garmin gps (they have some Chilean routes as well):

http://www.proyectomapear.com.ar

Some sites of Chilean 4x4 if you need some help from fellow jeepers on this side of the world:

twistedandes.com

blockeados4x4.cl

Well, good luck and have a nice trip!!!

Rgds

Edited by ramdala
  • Like 2

Hi!

Good to know we won't need to woory about gas in Chile.

It looks like it's all ok in Argentina also, probably all we have to take care about gas is on Ruta 40.

Thanks for the link, I've downloaded the maps of Proyecto Mapear and saved in my Garmin, they're way better than Garmin maps of that area.

Enviado de meu MZ608 usando o Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

When we started planning the trip, we were 6 Pathfinder owners. But we lost one due to an engine rebuild, another one decided not to go with his truck - he will go with me since my family declined to go (teens don't like it) and today another one decided not to go, due to a bushing. It looks funny, but he got a problem with the two bushings on the steering sector- or so - and couldn't find one of them, someone made one for him but it wasn't good, and the only solution would be to import it, but it only would arrive after Christmas, so... one more out of the expedition.

So now we are only three. And one broke the rack, and another forgot the passport... a little delay, we plan to leave this Friday afternoon, instead of in th morning.

We are now in Gualeguaychu, Argentina, just 100 km past Uruguay frontier. We planned to be 700 km farther than it, but some delays forced us to just start the trip at Friday´s afternoon instead of the morning. But we are on the run now, and I´ll post pics as soon as I can.

Well, unfortunatelly I'm back to Porto Alegre. We've run 3000 km and were near Comodoro Rivadavia (Argentina) when we've got problems with the AT. Looks like the AT oil pump. The back gear does not engaged anymore and there were a small slip when going forward from stopped position.

The other 2 pathfinders continued the trip and have yet arrived at Ushuaia, today they're going from Ushuaia to Puerto Natales (Torres del Paine).

Well, unfortunatelly I'm back to Porto Alegre. We've run 3000 km and were near Comodoro Rivadavia (Argentina) when we've got problems with the AT. Looks like the AT oil pump. The back gear does not engaged anymore and there were a small slip when going forward from stopped position.

The other 2 pathfinders continued the trip and have yet arrived at Ushuaia, today they're going from Ushuaia to Puerto Natales (Torres del Paine).

Fernando, sorry to hear that, but at the same time I'm glad to see you got back safe.

Have you checked what happened with the transmission when you arrived in Buenos Aires?