Alarm won't shut off/lost remote

Ok, so I have been having problems with my engine starting and I lost the remote to my alarm/remote start I have on my pathfinder. I accidently locked the doors and had to break in and the alarm went off, I tried turning the key forward to start it but the alarm just keeps going off and my lights are flashing. I don't know how to turn this off, and if I get the new remote I have to program it with the ignition.... Any ideas? This is the facotry alarm, I just put a remote start in and it uses that control.

Edited by muddfildvaynes

I used a wedge and a long puller bar to unlock it and opened it withthe handle, then the alarm went off and would not stop going off. I put the key in and turned it forward/tried to start it and it still is going off. I had to unhook the battery and left it un hooked for a day and hokoed it back up and it was still going off. When this happened last time if I hit unlock on the remote it would of turned it off. I don't know how I will even be able to program another remote if it keeps doing this.

I don't know how I will even be able to program another remote if it keeps doing this.

1 Sit in the driver seat of the truck with the doors closed. Lock the doors using the "Lock" button on the driver's door.

2 Insert the ignition key into the ignition and immediately remove it. Repeat this process a total of six times. Insert the key one final time and turn it to the "ACC" position.

3 Push a button on the keyless entry remote. Watch for the emergency lights on your truck to flash, showing that the remote is programmed.

4 Unlock and lock the doors, then push a button on the next remote to add an additional remote. Repeat this for every remote you need to program. Turn the ignition key to "OFF" and remove it from the steering column to exit programming.

Edited by Alkorahil

• 2 weeks later...

Just throwing it out there but all the times my alarm has gone off I just have to unlock the drivers door from the outside with my key and it turns right off, not sure if it works with you guys cause you have the keyfobs and stuff.

Edited by MAXEDpath

you just had remote start put in and it is controlled by what? a separate remote? or the one you lost?

I don't know about pulling the fuse, it may kill the siren but if the alarm has ignition kill and the alarm was tripped it may leave the ignition in killed mode.

This is my opinion as to what I always do with any used car/truck I buy, one of the first things I do is pull out any alarm that is in the vehicle, my pathfinder was the first to have a factory alarm, and that just involved unplugging a few plugs under the drivers seat. I wouldn't want to be out in the middle of no where with an alarm I know nothing about, better to have a new alarm installed where you could call the person that installed it if there ever was a problem.

After seeing how some people wire things If I didn't do it myself I don't want it.

that is my opinion and we all know how they go, lol

I'm sure a few people on here can help you with your problem, good luck.

1 Sit in the driver seat of the truck with the doors closed. Lock the doors using the "Lock" button on the driver's door.

2 Insert the ignition key into the ignition and immediately remove it. Repeat this process a total of six times. Insert the key one final time and turn it to the "ACC" position.

3 Push a button on the keyless entry remote. Watch for the emergency lights on your truck to flash, showing that the remote is programmed.

4 Unlock and lock the doors, then push a button on the next remote to add an additional remote. Repeat this for every remote you need to program. Turn the ignition key to "OFF" and remove it from the steering column to exit programming.

He doesn't have the key fob so this wont work. If it is the factory alarm using the key in the door should shut it off. I installed a Alarm/Remote start in mine and if you lock the doors any other way besides the alarm but then unlock it with the alarm the factory alarm kicks in and I have to use the key. I know how to bypass it I am just to busy/lazy to get to it.

The remote start has a different remote than factory, my factory remote doesn't even work anymore. I don't have a key for the doors, I lost it in the woods a year or so back. I get in and can turn the engine over.... but it won't start because I am having starting issues I think are from the distributor cap. But still it turns over and then when I let off the alarm is still going. Lights flashing/horn honking. I pulled the relay under the hood labeled alarm and it still was going off..... It's not even in kill mode because the engine turns over with the key. This all happened after I had to break into it....