Engine won't start again....

So after my last weekend of playing in the mud, my engine has decided to not start, the starter turns over and it doesn't even act like it wants to start; and it might kick over but it shakes when running and if I give it gas it dies.... I am thinking maybe I got it wet under the distributor cap? Last time it had this problem I thought it was the fuel pump, put a new one in and it wasn't the problem, then I put a new distributor in in and it was fixed.... Could the distributor go out in it again? I am hoping its not a timing problem... Any ideas?

i had a vg33e frontier before my pathfinder, i had a tech at work put a timing belt on it, and he didnt stab the distributor right, and it did exactly what you are saying...but since you didnt recently remove it...maybe it just shorted out in the water, its a good chance thats what happened, 240sx's older ka24de altimas are notorious for getting water in the cap and shutting down

check for spark by taking an old spark plug, pulling a wire, put it on the loose plug and ground it to the block while someone cranks it. If it's no spark or weak spark, you have yourself an electrical issue that you can then start tracing back throught the disty to the coil. If you have good contacts (not burnt) in your disty, I would bet on a failed coil.

check for spark by taking an old spark plug, pulling a wire, put it on the loose plug and ground it to the block while someone cranks it. If it's no spark or weak spark, you have yourself an electrical issue that you can then start tracing back throught the disty to the coil. If you have good contacts (not burnt) in your disty, I would bet on a failed coil.

I purchased a spark indicator when I was trouble shooting my timing issue for a couple of bucks at our local big box auto parts store. That is a great idea K9. I had not thought of that.