Small Block Chevy Swap worth it?

He everyone im new to the forum, but not to pathfinders! Had mine fore a few years now! Motor blew last weekend finally (had 250k on stock motor)! I was wondering if anyone had put a small block chevy in there pathfinder and if it is worth it?? Im doing an SAS at the same time and I need to know what drivetrain im gunna use before I get my axle. So get another 3.0 or a 350/350/205 set up, i have the sbc set up at home from another rig already just chillin. But is it worth it? Your input would ne great!

Thanks!

Would i personally do it? Probaly not as I'm lazy and have a spare motor. Would I chear someone on doing it? As long as they take pictures :lol: engine swapping is gonna be a "do YOU want to" kinda thing.

Chevy front 44 or 60. I used a 10bolt (I had it already) and I'm on 35s and I havent had any problems.

Using a th350 is a great way to make a pathfinder a mega pig on the street. I hate mine just cause it it sucks gas and screams at 60mph.

I have a 305 and it has more then enough power to turn 35x12.5 tires although mine does have the stock 4.62 gears.

you will have to make custom motor mounts to fit the motor with a hood.

You will have to run a E-fan since theres no way a stock GM will ever fit in a 21's engine bay.

Now with all this said, was it worth it? Hell yes, I'd do it again. Mine barks the tires shifting into second and has awsome power compaired to the stock tired vg.

If you do it though your building a trail only truck.

Yea... well found a 3.0 for $300 with less than 100k miles so im gunna have to figure it out soon. Cant live without my pathfinder for too long! lol

Yea... well found a 3.0 for $300 with less than 100k miles so im gunna have to figure it out soon. Cant live without my pathfinder for too long! lol

I love the way you think mate; I do think its worth dropping in a chevy 350 small block.

A lot of modifications can be done to it Vs. the 3.0; but on the other hand the gas guzzler would

not be on the daily drive list .

I would be dying to know what kind of intake manifold /carburetor combo you stick in it :happy:

Chevy front 44 or 60. I used a 10bolt (I had it already) and I'm on 35s and I havent had any problems.

Using a th350 is a great way to make a pathfinder a mega pig on the street. I hate mine just cause it it sucks gas and screams at 60mph.

I have a 305 and it has more then enough power to turn 35x12.5 tires although mine does have the stock 4.62 gears.

you will have to make custom motor mounts to fit the motor with a hood.

You will have to run a E-fan since theres no way a stock GM will ever fit in a 21's engine bay.

Now with all this said, was it worth it? Hell yes, I'd do it again. Mine barks the tires shifting into second and has awsome power compaired to the stock tired vg.

If you do it though your building a trail only truck.

So you have a V8 in your pathfinder? Where's the pics?

James

Dial up connection. Hell I used to be able to up load to facebook but since they "updated" its been a no go. I dont have one of those smart phones ethier. Photobucket never worked for me. When i get a better connection I'll be sure to post them to please you guys.

Well, actually just to please Kingman since he has such a pretty face.

• 2 weeks later...

I know your looking for sbc but I found this and I can hardly believe that the motor fits so well. Its a Land Rover 215( olds 215, rover bored it out to 3.9 then 4.1) and it fits perfect.

Photo0077.jpg

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/83478-v8-d21-pickup.html A link to the site I found it at.

It looks like it has the factory rad and no E fan. Carbed and everything so its basic.

• Like 1

fskc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have ANY idea how BADLY I wanted to swap THAT 3.9L in to a Pathfinder without seeing someone else do it first?!?!?!!!?!?! :headwall:

At least I know for sure it'll fit like a glove now... I knew it it would. For some strange reason I love those engines. But iz willz beeeee EFI.

• 6 months later...

I love the idea of a 350 but for mine I was leaning towards maybe a 290 ford or a 324 Chevy, a bit smaller but both have the potential to pump just as much power without compensating for fuel loss, btw I love the monster can in the right of the picture there =p

In the uk here and those rover lumps suck, lucky to get 170bhp unless u seriously mod it

Td27 will do more power but more importantly more torque and is better suited to offroad 4x4 driving, and a straight bolt in fit

• 2 weeks later...
I love the idea of a 350 but for mine I was leaning towards maybe a 290 ford or a 324 Chevy, a bit smaller but both have the potential to pump just as much power without compensating for fuel loss, btw I love the monster can in the right of the picture there =p

You mean the 4.6 triton or 325/ 5.3 vortec?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

lot of work but totally worth it

Posted Image

Is that a 305 or 350 tpi engine???? If its the 305 thats the same motor thats in my 87 irocz camaro

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

Is that a 305 or 350 tpi engine???? If its the 305 thats the same motor thats in my 87 irocz camaro

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

Its a LT1 5.7L from a 94 Trans AM GTA - aluminum heads. Am running headers, with full dual exhaust (flowmaster hushpower muuflers, and magna flow cats), MSD ignition, with a 85 corvette 2 core aluminum radiator, and 4,000 cfm dual electric fans

• Like 1