Cool parts you may not have known existed.

Alkorahil

so you want i, then think it's useless, get caught in yet another contradiction and now want it again? :doh:

Footwell lighting is a great idea, I'd much prefer a setup that was more a flush with the kick panel setup... but that's because I already kick stuff under the dash in the area that one would be regularly. Wouldn't take long to break that one

I did say that it was useless but that doesn't mean I still wouldn't do this mod. Useless things (or at least ones useless to me) can still be fun. Besides the wiring is there anyway so why not experiment.

I do have a life. I wouldn't call some of the things I put up here useless. I contributed quite a bit to NPORA but nobody seems to appreciate it. It's ok though because I'm only doing it because I like my truck for many reasons. It's a true Nissan and it sure drives like one too. The only reason people like to pick on me is that I tend to put up arguments. Once someone disagrees with one thing I say, they will disagree with anything that I will put up. It's human psychology to hold grudges. I don't hold any grudges and you're not doing me a favor by looking at my work. I am doing you a favor by putting up the write ups.

Again while I don't see the point of having a foot well light with the door open, I still want to put it in because what I have in mind would look really neat at night. If I'm not happy with it then I can easily take it back out. The wiring is there from the factory so it's worth a try anyway.

• Like 2

:offtopic: Back on topic.......

Cant believe I forgot this one. I rembered it when checking out a good customers NICE Pathfinder at work on Friday.

STEERING STABILIZER KIT

This was an optional stabilizer on the drag link.

Kit has everything needed, all hardware to mount. Easy to install too!

$100 shipped to the lower 48

Edited by Alkorahil

If it's not available there are kits you can get on RockAuto. For OEM mounting, all you need to buy is the bracket that mounts to the driver side given that your center link has the U-shape mount. Then just get any stabilizer that fits the brackets. There is also a nice Bilstein steering damper package available from 4x4parts but it doesn't use the stock mounts.

• 4 months later...

Just thought of this thread tonight. Here are a couple pics.

Digital trips with supposed outside temp that doesn't work:

20130214_193452.jpg

And the lighted key ring in action. Only comes on with the drivers door:

20130214_193519.jpg

• Like 1

Well you wouldn't want your passenger/car thief to know where to jam the screwdriver would you?

Curious, do you have the temp sensor for the digital temp under your hood? Its supposed to be in the area near the sensor for the auto A/C I believe.

A little OT, but the 12v microbulbs from Rat Shack don't have the blue condom filter over the light like the OEM defrost switch bulb does. Will this make a significant difference? I'm needing to replace my defrost bulb as well. I replaced it with one from an 88 Hardbody from the junkyard but the light is orange and clashes, haha. How come the main defrost bulb always dies but the hazard bulb seems to last all eternity? I remember replacing my A/C button bulbs with the Rat Shack microbulbs, but don't remember whether they have the blue filters over them. I definitely didn't move them over if they did. Does the blue filter just make the light softer/dimmer?

96-99 Pathfinders have an inspection lamp in the hood, see Courtesy Parts diagram:

r50_267-1.gif

But the part was never offered in the USA. How come?

Thought of this one the other day.....there was a new internal parts memo posted about this very part....

"Not available for order, not used on US Vehicles."

I guess they got tired of people trying to order it. I know I would not mind having one.

I also stumbled on "Rear Fog Light Kit w/ mounting bracket, RH/LH-Rear bumper" while trolling through the old Nissan parts stuff.

Anyone seen or have this?

I am going to dig into it more tomorrow and see if I can order one still....see what in the world it is!

So I did more research......they were used on Europe and Latin/South Americam vehicles. They were for 88-92 models.

The fog light housings are the same as the US front fog lights. It also used a relay in the relay box in the engine bay, not mounted to the firewall.

The brakets to mount to the rear frame and the harness are what would be cool to get a hold of....but sadly I cant order any of this in the US......

But while looking up these parts I did find..........

I found some non-US Hardbodies that do while looking!!!

They had holes cut in the bumper each side of the license plate area. Too bad they are so totally different from the Pathy.

• 2 months later...

So, not some cool built into the bumper thing... Dam.

That should jump to a point in the video where you can see what seem to be factory rear fog lights in the bumper of a WD21!

That should jump to a point in the video where you can see what seem to be factory rear fog lights in the bumper of a WD21!

i think that might be a terrano.... i know they call it a pathfinder in the video but you and i both know that there are alot of different stuff they make for our trucks outside the US ... cough cough flares haha