Anyone got an r50 rear DS laying around?

I moved my rear axle back when i re-did my rear end with leaf springs, and now i need another option for a rear driveshaft. I have one out of a 89 standard cab hardbody that works for now, it was about two inches longer than my WD pathy. But, it only barely catches the slip on the transfer case and with any flex it falls right out lol. So can someone measure a r50 one for me from flange to slip so i can see if this will work for me? or if its on your truck you could measure from joint to joint for me and i should be able to make a decision that way. I would like a cheap option for now, i would rather not have to get one made because I am hoping to do a doubler or maybe do the NWfab adapter to run a 6 bolt tcase in the future once I get this thing back on the road.

So, measurements please?!!?!?!?!?!?

So i take it there are no r50 owners out there who own a tape measure??? Not suprising, those of us who have frames usually do the mod work ;)

ok i dunno how to upload pics

from rear mount flange to center of front u joint is 39 5/8"

to front flange dust shield thing(4" diamaiter thing) is 41"

and what fits inside is from about 41 1/2" to the end total length is 46"

• 2 years later...

I've seen these axles hold up to a lot of abuse under cherokees and jeeps alike. I can get ahold of a HP d30 with 4.56 gears/disks brakes for $200 and am seriously considering it since my front end needs a lot of replacing and I'll need new (bigger) tires soon anyway.