coilover conversion

nckrawler

Yeah one person made a funny kind of coil over strut thing and looked to work. I am in the works with something right now. Funds providing. But I am sure it is possible.

gotta figure out bolt pattern, tube and shaft diameters then maybe i can find some parts that will work see if i cant get something made and funtioning before sfd goes on ..........gotta sell my boat first so funds are there

not sure if its been done before or not but seems like converting the spring perches on factory style struts to accomodate smaller diameter springs could really help out with wheel and tire options on our rigs.............

http://youtu.be/YBsQ2HstIy8

That is the most ghetto thing I have ever seen.

Ebay coilovers are already a joke even when on their proper applications, i can't imagine the ride when cutting up your stock struts and fitting ebay chinese coilovers to fit a different application

is everything you reply to negative i see your post everywhere and its never anything good nobody said anything about using stuff from ebay its the concept as a thought not meant to be exact to the video just used that as an example for the concept itself but thanks for your negativity and close mindedness

• Like 1

is there anything positive that can be said about a $40 chinese coilover "conversion" ???

GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES...

Edited by FUELER

im not even planning on using an adjustable part the idea was to adapt a smaller diameter spring and make the base smaller in diameter for better tire/wheel combos with no rubbing issues like maybe the front springs from a 4runner adapted to our strut its flawless idea and when im done ill dedicate the pics of the finished product in use to you

thats exactly what i pictured in my head altho if i made my own it wouldnt be adjustable as that appears to be my question is why is this stuff prototype i want the bumpers and the coilovers

These were the Calmini ones that never came out. Not enough demand for them to manufacture the coilovers. They wanted volumes of ~10+ per month to justify production.