Finally got around to putting on the Snorkel

I have so many projects right now I have been neglecting the pathfinder, but I finally worked on it over the weekend and finished it up yesterday and got the snorkel on. It took a few different parts to make it compatible but in the end it is awesome! I got all the parts (couplers, adapter plate, RTV, hose clamps) from Advance Auto Parts for about $40, and the air filter from JEGS for about $80 with shipping, and the 4" circular bore, PVC, pipe hangers, and spray paint from Home Depot; for all of it it was about $140. It wasn't that hard putting the intake together after having to custom modify the MAF sensor to hook up to the adapter plate with RTV between the two, the hardest part was boring the 4" hole through the fender/unibody. The fender was easy but when it came to the unibody I had to use a grinder on the inside and just cut a huge square and pound the sharp surfaces down with a hammer. Then after final fitment I started gluing the PVC together except where it connects to the air filter I put some screws through it and sealed it with RTV; to make the snorkel removeable if ever needed. Then painted it and put it all back together, overall it came out great and sounds awesome! I have a couple more things to fix like new wheel bearings, and a new CV axle and then take it out this weekend to test it out. My next big mod is probably going to be Hurculining it from the windows down and the floors inside.

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

4.jpg

2-3.jpg

1-4.jpg

3-1.jpg

I'm really wanting to do this with mine but I wanna wait until its not my daily driver before I do. If i had a snorkel i may be a little too confident at times haha!

Do it! Not only will it help you when you do run into water, but its like putting a cold air intake on.

I put a cold-airish filter on when I removed that box from under the airbox since there was just a massive hole in the bottom of the box then. I splashed through a small hole before I covered it and soaked my filter with water killing the pathy. luckily it was just saturated the filter and not much made it into the intake. Thats what really made me want to snorkel it to begin with. And the last couple rides ive been on i have had some pretty deep water levels. Stop tempting me!!

I'm thinkin about goin down to the local muffler shop and having them bend me some 3in pipe around and up the cab...shouldnt be much different on the cost. Then just have to get a rubber boot to fit and mix the MAF in. Carry it to my powdercoating guy..should look good.

Do it it's not that hard and worth the piece of mind !!!!

http://93d76a58.jpg

I agree plus it looks good! I sunk my pathy in the back yard the other day and it looked good having the snorkel! lol

4-1.jpg

I plan to get rid of my goofy nerf bars replace them with the RR Sliders then I will get this idea underway. Also havent finished up my front bumper yet...Will it ever end?!?

I mean you're already gonna be doin the fab work...may as well do it all while you have her tore down..

And back on track I agree with Shift...lets see these snorkels being put to use!