Free VIN Checker

Chicano2005

http://www.getvin.com/

i checked my VIN right now and the truck was originally from Canada, eh!

then got into an accident in Wisconsin.

but the thing that surprised me the most was the mileage read.

08/30/2010 MIDWEST REGION

Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION AS DEALER VEHICLE

then i registered here at Chicago. SHOULD I BE WORRIED???

06/21/2011 CHICAGO, IL

Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION

worries me a little bit. but the truck runs flawless!!

and the recent call about rusted struts, i was scared but it passed.

overall im happy with the truck!

This might seem to simple, but it's a possibility that 152,728 is in KM as it was a Canadian vehicle, I'm not gonna find the exact conversion, but thats around 100Kmi. Whoever bought it at the auction maybe changed the cluster over to a US version. Does your speedometer read in Miles or KM? Just a thought.

i cant tell if the odometer is in miles or KMs but the speedometer is in MPH.

to me seems like the original dash.

p.s. in the vin report, it does say rollback.

IMG_20120328_154743.jpg

Edited by Chicano2005

That's definitely a US speedometer so that was changed. I don't know whether or not the odometer would be changed over as well or not. Or can you just change units of measurement with a digital ODO? I would think that it is changed over as well. My first post is still my best guess. I'm really not much help after that as I don't know what rollback means. It could mean that it was adjusted with the addition of the new speedometer, but I have no idea. I don't know enough about importing vehicles into different countries.

Edited by pathybuilder

My truck has a colorful history!

What does bonded mean?

My truck was bought new in Littleton Colorado, then in 95 with 51k it moved to cypress TX. I figured it started in Colorado because it still has a Colorado dealer name on the back gate. The registration was just renewed until 03 it says bonded. It says bonded from June 03 to November 03. Then in November of 03 it says it had storm damage. I thought it had been in a wreck but according to this it was damaged in a storm. The hood and passenger fender are aftermarket and it has crappy dent repairs all down the passenger side so it might have ended up lying on its side.

Right after the storm damage it is listed as exempt until 06. Does this mean it wasn't registered from 03 to 06? If it was parked for 3 years that would explain the low mileage. In 06 it was registered in Houston, TX.

The next entry was when I registered it in Louisiana in Jan 2010.

James

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My 96 is a Colorado vehicle, auctioned once, seems to have been garaged for a couple of years. My odometer is slipping so it only registers a few miles now & then, I figure it's done about 140,000 - 150,000 miles. Thanks for the link.