Whats your daily commute?

hillbillybob

I'm curious to see what's your guys commute is because people say I live way out in the boonies and I don't think its bad at all. Mine is about 12 miles and takes about 25 minutes. 2 miles of dirt road, 6 miles of highway and 4 of city to get to the industrial park where I work.

mines 9/10 of a mile (each way) and about 5 minutes if I get stuck behind a ghetto limo or the big yellow until I can catch one of the side streets to jump over a parallel road.

My commute is about 4-6 miles each way depending on which route I take.

IF I leave my house at 6:55am, I can fly through and be there in 12-15mins. If I leave at 7:05am, I hit severe traffic and it takes 25mins.

The traffic is only in the last block of my trip. Pretty much, I'm sitting in traffic, being 3 minutes away from being late, in FRONT of my destination. funny how that works.

12 miles... about 20mins on a good morning. about the same on the way back since i dodge the after school traffic. (i have no sixth period and get out at 1:35 vs. 230 normally.

That's crazy! It's interesting to see that its fairly short or hellaciously long. And maybe its the hillbilly part of me but I consider "city" where street lights start and the buildings in the "city" I drive through are all single story and businesses are grouped kinda like small strip malls.

I consider "city" where street lights start

That is one of the most sensible definitions I have heard yet. :shrug:

I live 1/2 mile from the city limits (any definition) of a 150,000 person city that is surrounded by AG land, vinyards, ranches or parks so it's easy to find yourself in the boonies in 15 minutes. The best of both worlds IMHO. :aok:

Wouldn't mind being just outside the city limits with some land, but that's hard to do around here.

B

About 30 miles each way. It takes me about 1 hour because it is all back roads.

I typically commute on my motorcycle though, so it's a pleasant ride into and back from work.

Difficult part is wearing gear to be warm in the mornings and not overheat in the afternoon on the way back.