Pathy not running...what could it be?

180sx

OK. So the Pathfinder quit on me yesterday. Story goes, I was driving on E two days ago. Got to the gas station and put in some gas. When I get close to home, I pushed the gas after a turn, it bogged, and then died. Started up, finished driving home. So I drive it some more that night, and it's doing the whole bog thing. I push the gas, the RPM's drop. Put it in Neutral, it was idling fine. Put it in drive, it wants to die sometimes, or it will drive fine for a few minutes, then bog and die. So I try to drive the next day. Let it warm up before I drove it. Ran fine for 10 minutes, then it bogged, died, and now it won't start again.

I checked for spark. It gets it fine (did the whole take the plug out, ground it and watch it spark).

The fuel pump is coming on, but I'm not sure if it's actually pushing any fuel through the lines. The tank is clean, there is no gunk in it at all.

I'm confused here. Don't know why it won't start. Really don't want to drop $130 on a new fuel pump if it's not that. Could it be the relay? I need ideas! If I can't get it to run in a week, it's getting sold to the junkers!

Jose

Could it be the relay? I need ideas! If I can't get it to run in a week, it's getting sold to the junkers!

Jose

Thats abit extreme. Try checking for any trouble codes

There should be a little strainer on the bottom of the fuel pump. Depending on the side of the junk particles that were sucked up they were either caught by the strainer in the tank or by the filter under the hood.

There should be a little strainer on the bottom of the fuel pump. Depending on the side of the junk particles that were sucked up they were either caught by the strainer in the tank or by the filter under the hood.

R50's fuel filters are located on a rail above the rear differential, not under the hood.