ac slotted brakes

jmd21682

hey everyone, does anyone know which brake rotors automotive customizers use..... the slotted rotors and the corresponding pads? who manufacters them. is there a better alternative? where and what i could get thats the same in comparison if they r good, i really dont wanna pay the shipping cost if possible. but i definitly want my pathy to stop better and will be towing soon. thanx as always for your time, Jess

O-ya..... 93 pathfinder auto 4x4 se with hat and rotor in rear..... 1 more thing if U have parts #s and prices that would also help, thanx again

Edited by jmd21682

I don't know what AC sales and don't know the price either but I do recommend http://www.frozenrotors.com/ I bought a set of front slotted rotors and hawk performance pads for my 06 titan. They solved the warping problem I had and stop much better. At first the pedal felt mushy to me because I was used to pressing it much harder to get the same amount of stopping power. Also with the cryo treatment they should never warp. So far I have 10K miles on them and they are still fine. The factory rotors were warped in 3500 miles.

Keith is a member here because he drives a pathfinder too. He is also a really great guy. Check out the site.

James

My opinion;

Slotted and cryo treated Allows for pad out gassing, clean pad surface and less distortion / warping under extreme heat conditions.

http://www.frozenrot...ar+disc+brakes/

Use the hawk pads from the same site or EBC greenstuff.

Edited by MY1PATH

Thanks James Rich for the compliment :D

I personally would use the 'Frozen Rotor' brand (Slotted). I no longer work there, but I know the products well. Don't let them sell you anything else. Like the 'Power Slots' or the 'Street Sport Cryos. (Slotted and Cross drilled) Ask them what brand of rotor they are going to use before they cryo treatThere are different grades of rotors.(Just like tires). Typically they would use a NAPA or Raybestos brand rotor, or a brand call Mountain(Made in Japan) these are all a 'ultra-premium' grade rotor with superior metallurgy over some of the lower quality brands being marketed by other companies online, and 'cryotreated' to extended wear.

The problem with the 'other' online companies, is they start with the lowest quality and less costly rotor beinging with and TRY to bring it up to a higher quality by cryo treating it. To use the analogy by grandfather used to use...If you paint a turd gold...you still have a gold painted TURD!.

The cryo treatment process is key here. Frozen Rotors always treats for 60 hours total. his includes a critical heat cycle which completes the process.

Anyways, slotting (not cross drilling) will help extend and lower the temperaturesatures by about 130 degrees as well. And they won't crack from repeated heat cycling, lasting on average over 100% longer than stock NON treated rotors. Most customers have reported wear increases of 300-500% over a NON treated rotor.

As for pads. I use the Hawk Brand 'LTS' pads. They are actually a Light Truck, SUV (LTS) compound. I have them on my pathy, and they work great. No squealing, minimal dusting, and superior stopping performance,work well in all tempatures, without fading.

Alot of people will argue spending the extra $$$ for all this. Especially on a Pathy ot 4x4 that typically doesn't see alot of high speed use. Well in my opinion, you still have to stop the vehicle, and some times it's in an emergency situation where you have little or No advanced warning. it only takes a few feet and expressure preassure to permanently warp a set of NoN treated rotors, and then they are shot. You can have them turned, but 99% of the time the problem comes back in a few hundered miles.

Cryo treated and a HIGH quality pad will probably last the life of your truck and be much safer. So, in my opinion, they are worth extra $$$. Tell them I sent you, and press them to give you at least a 10% discount! : )

Hope this helps.

Keith (krmiller07)

Edited by krmiller07