94 Pathy (WOODY)

Balln

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The previous owner didn't like the carrier so he took it off and it never had a light come on about it so they might have unplugged the switch? Idk ill have to look into it more.

And thanks for the compliments all the waiting I did payed off but I did get fustrated becuase I couldn't find one that was in decent shape. My girlfriend was getting pissy with me becuase I was getting so bummed out lol

So i reindexed my t-bars and he now sits up higer. It went really easy they have been pulled before. Explains why one anchor was further tucked up then the other. Somone went a little to far on one side. But the good news was they greased the splines so i literally slid the anchors off by hand no beating at all. I had the front sitting up a bit higher then the rear 1 1/2 to be exact and i really liked the hight so i was thinkin i could just get rear springs to lift it up a bit but after driving it and playing in the dirt i relized my upper arms where riding the bump stops. Well the local autozone doesnt carry low profile bump stops so i guess i have to lower it a bit then get the alighnment done so i can drive it to work.

Ok pics :D

Kinda tucked up in there but im wondering if i lower it to ride off the bumps if the anchors will hang out so maybe i need to index them a spline back. I thought i did 2 but i might have done 3.

mypathy39.jpg

While i was down there i found this tucked up in the linkages of the transfer case.

mypathy43.jpg

mypathy44.jpg

Sorry no side views but it looks good

mypathy49.jpg

mypathy50.jpg

Well i couldnt resist this lot with dirt hills and deep little washs in it thats in my naborhood so in 4H i went lol

mypathy51.jpg

mypathy52.jpg

mypathy53.jpg

mypathy54.jpg

mypathy55.jpg

Front is cranked too high by about .5-1" IMHO and the sway bar needs loosening?

Otherwise, looks good and I'm glad you found what you wanted...

Oh, sorry I only tried once, but I couldn't find the one that was advertised locally. Shady-R-US for sure...

B

Yeah im going to drop him down a bit and im gonna order some ultra low bumpstops should i go ahead and get them for the lower arms also? Have them for droop and compressed? And how do you loosen the sway bar? You meen just unbolt it all together right?

So after an 1 1/2hrs i reindexed the t-bars again and now they are tucked up in the crossmember and now the upper arms sit just above the bumps. Gonna order up some low pro bump stops and call it a day for the front for now. Im really wanting to buy all new bushings and balljoints among other things when i do the susp lift. I think i managed to rip a upper balljoint boot when i was playing around in the dirt. Found some fresh grease slung on the arm :clap:

Check the CV boots. Generally when you ride on the bump stops too much it puts those front CV's at too much an angle and 17 the year old rubber gives.

If your going to get some UCA's try and find some that correct the ball joint angle when you lift the front a little. like the Rough country or Super lift style UCA's. Otherwise, you'll be doing Ball joints more then you'd like. New bushing all around is a good place to start.

Loving it.

Check the CV boots. Generally when you ride on the bump stops too much it puts those front CV's at too much an angle and 17 the year old rubber gives.

If your going to get some UCA's try and find some that correct the ball joint angle when you lift the front a little. like the Rough country or Super lift style UCA's. Otherwise, you'll be doing Ball joints more then you'd like. New bushing all around is a good place to start.

Loving it.

Its not the cv boot its the upper balljoint boot. And i am going to lift it and i have read the 4x4parts pathfinder arms are junk and i have read good things about the rough country. So when i buy my arms just get the hardbody arms from 4x4parts? and any mods i have to do to run them? I wonder why they dont just sell those for both trucks!!!!

And

My sources say the most optimal position to be in is to crank the torsion bars until the upper bump stops are about 1/2" away from the UCAs.

Thats what i have :aok:

Rough Country has the arms with a good angle, the problem is they sell them as a Hardbody kit that comes with shackles that you don't need (and obviously don't need to pay for) and they don't sell a Pathfinder kit. Some people have had success calling them and just getting the UCA's (tell em you have a Hardbody and got in a small front end wreck) and others have tried and been told to pound sand.

Hey guys I have two questions well let's make that three.

1st is when I start the pathy up I now get a little chime sound that beeps a couple of times then goes away. It's coming from the left side of the steering column. What the Hell is it?

2nd I noticed that when I start my truck at night and let it warm up before I hop in it and leave from work that there is a puddle of water under my tail pipe. I checked my oil and there is no water and my coolant hasn't went down either. I know some vehicles do this but my truck is the only one at work that I have noticed doing it.

3rd I also noticed when I start it up after sitting awhile that I get some chatter then goes away after a sec of running. Anything to worry about? Woody runs great and shifts great so I Just figured I would ask. Prob the lifters chattering until it builds up pressure?

O and I got my Windows tinted yesterday and we are heading up north to go camping with my parents so hopfully I can find some light trails to play in and get some pics up for you guys to see.

Could the chime be a seat belt sensor?

Condensation from the exhaust. Not a big deal, mine positively drools... :lol:

Yep, if it is the first few moments of running it is almost certainly the lifters. An engine flush and the right oil might improve it, but some of them do it no matter what. I wouldn't be concerned unless the duration noticibly increases.

B

Thanks man!!!! This sight is awsome it doesn't take no time for to get answers. And as far as lifters chattering my next oil change I will add some of the Lucas oil to see if that might help. It has 5w30 now what do you guys recommend for my truck in the AZ? The same or 10w30?

Hey guys I have two questions well let's make that three.

1st is when I start the pathy up I now get a little chime sound that beeps a couple of times then goes away. It's coming from the left side of the steering column. What the Hell is it?

2nd I noticed that when I start my truck at night and let it warm up before I hop in it and leave from work that there is a puddle of water under my tail pipe. I checked my oil and there is no water and my coolant hasn't went down either. I know some vehicles do this but my truck is the only one at work that I have noticed doing it.

3rd I also noticed when I start it up after sitting awhile that I get some chatter then goes away after a sec of running. Anything to worry about? Woody runs great and shifts great so I Just figured I would ask. Prob the lifters chattering until it builds up pressure?

O and I got my Windows tinted yesterday and we are heading up north to go camping with my parents so hopfully I can find some light trails to play in and get some pics up for you guys to see.

1. That's normal, it's just the useless seat belt reminder.

2. The water comes from the catalytic converter as it converts partially burnt or non-burnt hydrocarbons into water.

3. Normal with older VGs. The lifters just get old.

Nothing to be worried about.

Thanks man!!!! This sight is awsome it doesn't take no time for to get answers. And as far as lifters chattering my next oil change I will add some of the Lucas oil to see if that might help. It has 5w30 now what do you guys recommend for my truck in the AZ? The same or 10w30?

Don't add Lucas, it's just heavy gear oil. I used it once, wasn't too happy with it. You are better off using thicker initial viscosity oil like 10. An initial viscosity of 5 is more for winter use to get the oil flowing faster. 10w-30 would be fine for where you live. You can also use a handy chart in the owners manual (or even under the hood if you still have the sticker) to decide on what oil to run.

Edited by Tungsten

• 2 weeks later...

The wheels that are on my pathy are they stock? I have been searching the internet and craigslist and I can't seem to find any. I'm really wanting just one for a spare. Not sure if you can buy them new or not?

Thanks guys.