q45 in wd21?

jmd21682

does anyone know if u can fit a q45 engine in the wd21? will it mate up to our transmissions? what would be envolved? more or less cost effective then doing a vg34? is vg34 a better choice? sorry bout all the ?s i just found something on another forum about q45 in our pathys but couldnt find any real info if it was an idea or if someone has actually done it.... thanks for ur time...... sorry if its already been disscussed.

A vg34e can be done for about $3k

How much would a VH45DE (original q45 engine) cost you?

If you can get a good deal on one and have the skills/ tools go for it. (I'd like to see this, hopefully the bell housings match up or swap)

The VH45DE is about as wide as a VG30DE but a little bit longer so the use of a low profile e-fan will likely be a must. But width wise it should fit since somebody on here was finally successful in putting a vg30dett under the hood.

note, the later q45's came with a vh41de. Its the same block but it won't yield you the 280HP you may be looking for.

Edited by MY1PATH

It won't match our bell housing so you will have to find a solution to that. You may be able to swap part of your trans case like slick250 did for his VG30DE swap but I don't know if the bell housing is the same as any V6 block. I looked into this swap too but decided to go with a VG34 instead. The VG34 will bolt right in and should give me all the power I need in this small truck.

James

Mazworx makes a VH45DE ~ Z32 transmission adapter... so if you built a hybrid transmission from z32 front/pathfinder rear transmission like the guy who did the VG30DE swap then buy the trans adapter. If the VG30E AND VG30DE share the same bellhousing pattern then you can just bolt up the adapter plate.

I am planning on a VH45DE swap in my 300zx soon so I have done the research and parts exist. There is also now a VK56DE ~ Z32 transmission or to Z33 transmission adapters too.

Be the first to swap a Nissan Titan motor in there!!! That would be sick!!!!

Edited by Nefarious

hey thanx for ur time everyone, i actually found a link and saw a bunch of pics on the build, pretty intense. maybe future project.... lol.... but i havent seen the finished product yet...... hopefully soon.