front cv half shat

kefferjoe

So once again i am having issues with my front drivers side cv half shaft. Whenever i drive around and take turns I can hear a slight clicking thumping noise. I have replaced these dang shafts so much. I have autozone on speed dial for these things. I am not hard on them at all. I try and install them with the best of my abilities and in my opinion (not professional but better than anyone found in a pepboys) I am doing it right. Does anyone know of anything that i could be doing wrong? Maybe the autozone parts are crap? Maybe I am not doing something right? Maybe the 31x11.5s are putting a weird angle on the shaft? It does have the a/c lift. Any suggestions....this noise really bugs and it makes me feel like she's about to break :(

So once again i am having issues with my front drivers side cv half shaft. Whenever i drive around and take turns I can hear a slight clicking thumping noise. I have replaced these dang shafts so much. I have autozone on speed dial for these things. I am not hard on them at all. I try and install them with the best of my abilities and in my opinion (not professional but better than anyone found in a pepboys) I am doing it right. Does anyone know of anything that i could be doing wrong? Maybe the autozone parts are crap? Maybe I am not doing something right? Maybe the 31x11.5s are putting a weird angle on the shaft? It does have the a/c lift. Any suggestions....this noise really bugs and it makes me feel like she's about to break :(

i replaced one of my CV's joints with one from advanced and it lasted a week before the boot broke and i was mad. If i were you i would rebuild the oem shafts and buy Rockford Constant Velocity boots...my boots were torn after 2 months of being lifted. i know your not talking about torn boots, but oem is the only way to go with the CV's. After i rebuilt my CV's, i also had a clicking noise, but it eventually went away after driving around a bit. i also noticed that when i had an oem and advanced CV in....the oem was not at such an extreme angle as the crappy chinese one from advanced...

Do you have manual locking hubs? if not, i would also recommend those...i only lock mine when its snowing or i go wheeling :)

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

Did you ever install the WARN HUB lockers? That will really help.

Has anyone priced a OEM Nissan one???? Is it really in the $400-$500 range???? Is there a good aftermarket one that you'd swear by? Maybe Japanese metal, than Chinese?

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

So after playing around I discovered that one of the ring clamps was broken...how this happened idk but it made it so the end of the shaft had enough play to where it was hitting the metal cap