Pick a part run

JamesRich

I hit the pick a part today to check out some recent hardbody additions.

First I found that Lafayette must be hiding some master bumper builders! If I had realized this before buying my KMA I probably could have saved some money! Thats one bad ass civic right there, will you look at that!

PhotoJul17115119AM-1.jpg

I found a 92 extended cab with some huge fenders.

PhotoMar03102636AM.jpg

PhotoMar03102650AM.jpg

I grabbed the manual hubs but the fenders were in perfect condition, no cracks and hadn't even been painted to match the truck.

With fenders this big and ridiculous in the front what could be put on the back so it wouldn't look ignorant. Did someone make a rear swole fender too?

Also what's up with the smooth hood? Did a certain year hardbody come with no hood vents?

James

Edited by JamesRich

Looks like fenders for a pre-runner truck. ultra wide track up front with a narrow one in the back. Makes the front end super long travel and is usually put on 2wd rigs.

65528d1221702308-prerunner-bumper-dmz-nissan-titans1.jpg

in process, no fenders yet.

33669040006_large.jpg

0567635388877-Pre-runner.jpg

It's super popular on the Ford Ranger

fullviewri8.jpg

Edited by silverton

Also what's up with the smooth hood? Did a certain year hardbody come with no hood vents?

James

93+ Hardbodies had 'ventless' smooth fronted hoods, also don't have the 2 little indented bodylines up them but have a slightly 'raised' center to them. Thats what the base of my hood was and a couple people have swapped them onto their pathfinders round here (if i remember right GrimGreg did to one of his trucks at least and Doughboy had one on his when he had a pathfinder)...

as for the fenders, they are prerunner ones, I think fabtech used to make them and made bedsides for the HB as well, though the bedsides looked COMPLETLY horrible in my personal opinion. Looked like someone cut the fenderwell out and tried to make a half-fast dually bed with their eyes closed while someone was cutting their fingers off with a butter knife...

Jim Connor Racing used to sell fiberglass fenders back in the day, they had a larger flare than the stock 4x4 fenders, but they were no way close to what those look like. I had a pair to put on my hardbody but before I had a chance to have them installed a customer came in to the shop looking to buy a pair of the fenders so I sold him mine.

93+ Hardbodies had 'ventless' smooth fronted hoods, also don't have the 2 little indented bodylines up them but have a slightly 'raised' center to them. Thats what the base of my hood was and a couple people have swapped them onto their pathfinders round here (if i remember right GrimGreg did to one of his trucks at least and Doughboy had one on his when he had a pathfinder)...

as for the fenders, they are prerunner ones, I think fabtech used to make them and made bedsides for the HB as well, though the bedsides looked COMPLETLY horrible in my personal opinion. Looked like someone cut the fenderwell out and tried to make a half-fast dually bed with their eyes closed while someone was cutting their fingers off with a butter knife...

:rofl: Love that description! They must not have made very many because someone would run out of fingers!

I'm going to have to get one of those smooth hoods, I never liked the look of the vents. As much time as I spend in the pick a part I never noticed this before.

:rofl: That is one hell of a bumper for a civic!!

B

Yea maybe he liked driving through brick walls or something.

Did you pull the fenders? or are asking if anyone wants?

Can you pull for me?

I didn't pull the fenders because I think they look ridiculous! Maybe if the rest of the truck was set up to match it would look better. I can pull them if someone wants them but pick a part wants around $35 per fender and the shipping on these things would probably be around the same price. Believe me without matching fenders in the back and around 15" wide tires they would not look good on a pathfinder.

James

I didn't pull the fenders because I think they look ridiculous! Maybe if the rest of the truck was set up to match it would look better. I can pull them if someone wants them but pick a part wants around $35 per fender and the shipping on these things would probably be around the same price. Believe me without matching fenders in the back and around 15" wide tires they would not look good on a pathfinder.

James

Pre-Runner? I like it. LoL. Hopefully funds allow later this month. I want em.

Hardbody hood with vents?

wut? :scratchhead:

The 86.5-92 HBs have the same 3 front vent hood that the whole wd21 line (us spec at least) came with. They interchange 100% though (4 bolts and a washer hose)

The 86.5-92 HBs have the same 3 front vent hood that the whole wd21 line (us spec at least) came with. They interchange 100% though (4 bolts and a washer hose)

OH OH OH OH OH!!!!!!

those 4 in the front right above the grille?

I kinda like those actually. Never seen them on an HB though.

James

I want the fenders. I'll pay the $35 per fender plus shipping. I'll have the money on Wednesday if you want to grab them for me.

i had those on my old 89 2door pathy...not a big fan...there was no way to make it look right and i got rid of them...$35 is pretty cheap...4x4parts.com has new ones for $325...wow

10932.jpg

images1.jpg

these are not my trucks but you can get an idea of what they would look like

i had those on my old 89 2door pathy...not a big fan...there was no way to make it look right and i got rid of them...$35 is pretty cheap...4x4parts.com has new ones for $325...wow

10932.jpg

images1.jpg

these are not my trucks but you can get an idea of what they would look like

Keep in mind that the truck on the bottom has long travel suspension. Any trucks with stock length arms will look more like the first pic.

That second pic doesn't look too bad but it's still needs something in the rear to match. I won't have a chance to get back to the yard till at least Sunday.

James

Nissan Motorsports used to sell fenders like that too. You need them with a long travel 2wd pre-runner front suspension. Even trophy trucks have massive front flares with high arches like that with relatively tame rear flares. The front of any desert truck is a foot wider than the rear, it's the nature of the beast for good handling at high speed over bumpy terrain. Kinda funny looking, until it's sliding sideways toward you at 100mph! :aok:

• 2 years later...