Front leaf spring setup question

Sup guys. How important is it to have the leaf spring eyes sitting fairly level? I have a 88 pathy sas'd with a waggy d44. Im using yota rear leafs up front. As it sits, the rear eye of the front leafs sit quite a bit lower than the front. I have my shackle mounts welded under the frame instead of through it. I am trying to keep the pathy as low as i can. I know i could go through the frame and gain a little height back as far as the eyes being level. But is it that important? Thanks in advance

Sup guys. How important is it to have the leaf spring eyes sitting fairly level? I have a 88 pathy sas'd with a waggy d44. Im using yota rear leafs up front. As it sits, the rear eye of the front leafs sit quite a bit lower than the front. I have my shackle mounts welded under the frame instead of through it. I am trying to keep the pathy as low as i can. I know i could go through the frame and gain a little height back as far as the eyes being level. But is it that important? Thanks in advance

What year waggy did you get the axle out of. how hard was the swap. I have done a swap on a yota before but havent yet on a nissan. I want to swap my 95 se to a solid axle.

hey there bigfinderman I have two sas nissans both with shackles through the frame its a much safe better deal my hard body came to me with a crappy sas job that I totally redid with my sas kit that I sell when I first did the truck I left the shackles on the bottom of the frame because I was waiting on new custom springs and it drove like crap in comparison to how it drives now with the frame tubes I am not sure that it matters much other then it messes up your caster if your perches were not welded on to allow for the unlevel springs?? MightyN2 the swaps are just as easy as a toyota if not easier I run hp dana 44s out of 70s fords with three inches takin out of the long side and chev outers to get the six lug they work out great for the drive line angle!!

DSCN1394.jpg

BROWNS030.jpg

Yea i plan to go through the frame with my shackle mounts. I just havnt decided if i want to stay with the yota springs or go with a different spring. Nismopathy do you have any more pics or a build thread on your rides? I like the stance they have. Thanks bud

Yea i plan to go through the frame with my shackle mounts. I just havnt decided if i want to stay with the yota springs or go with a different spring. Nismopathy do you have any more pics or a build thread on your rides? I like the stance they have. Thanks bud

Ya there is treads floating around on the nissan sites like nissantrailriders I think is where I did most of it I have an into on youtube My link

you can see alot of pics on

My link

I also have the shackles and frame tubes you need depending on where your springs land in the rear I run custom made springs mocked up after waggy springs I think they are 48 inches long the sleeve runs right under the body mount on my hardbody, now when you look at the pathy intro its calmini hanger and toy rears with waggy mixed in its not any of the stuff I now make and sell. I was not happy with calmini mainly the shackle kit so I said screw it and made all my own stuff on the hardbody!

Yea your stuff looks really good man. Do you have an online store or somewhere i can see some prices? Preferably on a set of shackles? Thanks for the info buddy

I do have a web site its nothing much yet at all but you can email me at jared@bonneymotorsports.com and we can discuss prices I have the frame tubes and shackles in stock but need to order up more bolts and bushings other then that they can ship fairly fast.