Pro Comp Rock Crawlers

Timmons

Who's running these Pro Comp Extreme Rock Crawlers?

Checking on a new set of rims and tires after the SFD.

Is this a good combination, no rub, no rub on the struts and no spacers or adapters.

16x8 w 3.75 BS (Pro Comp Extreme Rock Crawlers.

BF Goodrich A/T KO 285/75/16 Tires (32.8")

SFD 6.5" lift

I currently have 15x8 with 3.75 BS Pro Comps & 32 x 11.5 x 15 BFG MUD K2's with AC 2" lift. I don't want to have to buy new rims after my SFD if i dont have to (also, not fond of wheel spacers) but don't know if I could run 35's on these rims? 33's for that matter? I don't know who's running a 6" SFD with 15" rims?

I have those exact rims and just barely fit the 285/75/16 GY DuraTracs (32.8") - but I think they are a tad skinnier (tread width/section width) than the BGF AT's.

Rick, did you have to add and spacers or was the back space enough on those rims? maybe a 16x10 would be better 3.75 BS??

Rick, did you have to add and spacers or was the back space enough on those rims? maybe a 16x10 would be better 3.75 BS??

I had purchased spacers because I had bought the 33's prior to completing the SFD - not real smart, but it worked - but after the test fit, found I didn't need the spacers (I bought 1" spacers originally).

Boy, not sure about the 16x10 (especially with a 16" rim). Might be a bit wide for the available metric tire sizes.

I love how my rims look BUT, I honestly like how SilvaPathy used his original rims and spacers up front. Not suggesting it, but I kind of wish I had gone that way.

Then I should be ok running 285/75/16 on a 16x8 rim with 3.75 BS and will clear the strut without having to add adapters. Any idea if you can get those rock crawlers hub centric instead of lug centric?

OfftourRoadie96, on 19 February 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

What are the pros & cons of running 17" rims....I would figure you could run 33" or 35" much better with a 15" or 16" rim?

Timmons:Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Just preference really, there were a few Jeeps running 17" rims that were a 315/70/17 (35's) I was advised by many people not to run 35's because or half shafts and bearings can't take such large tires in the front. I'm going with 33's and call it good. If i ever decide to do an SAS, then 35's or higher is very likely.

I wasn't really a big fan of those 17's......I didn't think those would work out to well IMO. Good call on loosing those!

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

I currently have 15x8 with 3.75 BS Pro Comps & 32 x 11.5 x 15 BFG MUD K2's with AC 2" lift. I don't want to have to buy new rims after my SFD if i dont have to (also, not fond of wheel spacers) but don't know if I could run 35's on these rims? 33's for that matter? I don't know who's running a 6" SFD with 15" rims?

You could run a 33x10.5 or 35x10.5 on a 15x8 rim but no 33/35x12.5. Thats too wide of tire on too slim of space, sorry.

I've beat the hell out of my Pro Comp RC & i bought em used too. They hold up fine, especially for what I paid for em

You could run a 33x10.5 or 35x10.5 on a 15x8 rim but no 33/35x12.5. Thats too wide of tire on too slim of space, sorry.

I was curious about that.....I've been reading on how 33&35 x 12.5 would fit GREAT on an 15"x8" rim......especially on an air down situation, they'd keep there beads better than 10.5! Here are some links about running 33 or 35 x12.5" on 15"x8" rims. (although, realistically, I'd probably shy away from 35's and all the headaches that go with it.)

Yota Link

Jeeps Link

Now, BACKSPACING is a totally different animal.....not sure if my 3.75 BS would clear struts and fenders after a SFD?

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

I followed Rick13. I'm running 285/75/16 Wrangler MTR (1st gen) on 16x8, 3.75" BS Pro Comp Steelies. The pathy has 2" AC lift and no spacer. It clears the struts just fine.

Dududckling, can you show me a picture of your Pathy with the rim & tire setup? Still looking at the Pro Comp Rock Crawlers 16x8 but with the 285/75/16 BFG AT KO.