Naked R50, got pics?

WOT

Does anyone have a pic of there pathy/qx4 missing just the rear bumper cover?? Im thinking of having some fabrication fun and squeezing the rear bumper tighter to the back of the truck. But was hoping to get a look at whats right under the cover.

Ive had mine off but my memory fails me and its cold out

Anyone have a pic of there babys ass?

The pre-facelift R50 has a different style bumper cover & inner bumper support, I think. I drove around without a rear bumper cover on for a while when I was repainting it but never took any pics of it like that. I know 01silvapathy also drove around without a rear bumper for a bit, see his post here.

thanks for linking that, i swear mine had a large metal bumper support. good to know it can be removed without cutting.

What do you think of a bumper more like a trucks sleek rollpan??

I really just dont like the humps of my rear bumpers or how it sticks out like a bubble butt lol, just thinking of modding a spare bumper cover I found to go with a more aggressive, but tucked in more look. Kinda hard to explain.

Its winter and im bored, and my gf's sleeping already haha

thanks for linking that, i swear mine had a large metal bumper support. good to know it can be removed without cutting.

I really just dont like the humps of my rear bumpers or how it sticks out like a bubble butt lol, just thinking of modding a spare bumper cover I found to go with a more aggressive, but tucked in more look. Kinda hard to explain.

got a picture of what you're thinking?

personally, i would love it if a company made some simple, steel tube, bumpers for our trucks.

something like these for the front:

bob_tubebump3.jpg

and these for the rear (obviously it'd be great to get a tire carrier on the back!):

olympic_defender_bumper.jpg

Edited by esy

I understand the look you are talking about and think it would look good on a street truck. The pathy is my first four wheel drive, I was always into lowering my trucks too. My titan is lowered in the back to level it out.

The problem though is unless you can mold your own body panels your probably out of luck. Post some pics if you mod something. I think your truck looks awesome like it is but smoothing out the rear would look good.

James

I can definitely mold my own body panels, I practically live in fiberglass lol.

I'll have to do some magic in photoshop (which I cant use yet lol)

I made a front lip for the front that I wont install til summer, which is flush/level with the running boards, so Im hoping I can smooth, and possibly extend/lower the rear bumper down a bit to the ground and make it a "BIT" more aggressive/aero looking. Like I said im just bored, glad you get what Im saying

There is a metal bumper under the plastic cover. I don't think I have a picture of mine handy, but I've been running it without the bumper cover but with the stock metal bumper for a few years now.

Yes the metal beneath the plastic can just be removed. Its 3 bolts per side....I wanna say 12mm. Do I need to make a "How to Remove Your Rear Bumper" thread? It only takes me but 5 minutes to do.

IMAG0084.jpg

Edited by 01silvapathy

for your truck, honest opinion: make it flow with the lines of the truck and not try to add some out of place bodyline and that could turn out pretty dam sweet. Nice because you ain't gotta worry about a plate box too, just maby tuck your exhaust up and have a tip that comes out 'through' it only ending basicly flush with the pan itself.

Yes the metal beneath the plastic can just be removed. Its 3 bolts per side....I wanna say 12mm. Do I need to make a "How to Remove Your Rear Bumper" thread? It only takes me but 5 minutes to do.

IMAG0084.jpg

Silvapathy, what rear shocks are you running? Compressed, extended? I need to buy new ones LOL.

Well the spare tire and all its components are already gone. Moving the exhuast is no big deal. I have my old exhaust still which was a straight through 2.75" SIDE EXIT using the same flat tip I have on the car now and that exits right infront of the passenger rear tire. So I wouldnt need to worry about any exhaust in the bumper or close to it.

My hitch I definetely need for camping/atv trailer, so I would definetely have to go custom with that. I would just modify the one I have now, and fab my own center bar and reciever tucked further back

Im a little stumped on how I want it to look just yet.

I probably need to think about adding some structure back there, I dont think I just want to take the crash bar out and not have anything there if some idiot smacks me from behind

I probably need to think about adding some structure back there, I dont think I just want to take the crash bar out and not have anything there if some idiot smacks me from behind

Been there, done that!

I put stillen ground effects on my 86 ford ranger. A week and a day after I got it out the shop I was at a beach for the 4th and a drunk ass bumped me from behind at a stop sign, he said I stopped too fast at a stop sign! It looked like just a tiny dent below the tail light but my body man showed me where the fender bowed out from the impact. Cost $700 to fix.

Definitely build some kind of support under whatever you put.

James