Pathy woes !

PaMountianbiker

Ok so here it is. My problems started when I was driving home one day stopped at a store came back out wouldn't start ??? finally after a couple tries it started; drove home got mail coming up to the driveway she stalled ??? Would not start. So I pushed it into the garage with fourwheeler still wouldn't start. Left it alone for a while (hour) came back out started up ran fine ??? Went to the store again it died on the road so I called buddy to come rescue me on the road with my trailer ; he shows up about half hour later and it started right up ??? So I drove onto the trailer and brought it home. I took it to my buddies garage to scan it NO CODES :wtf: So we assume it's the distributer ??? I brought it back home and changed all the parts in the distributer (have a broke spare motor)No change starts up runs a little bit ; til warm then shuts down and won't start. til it cools all the way down (never typed this much in my life ) :togo: SOOOOO I took it to the Nissan dealer they looked at it tried to scan NO CODES again ???? They said it looked like my MAF was messed up so I replaced that; no change ??? I didn't think that would work but I figured what the hell . So me and a buddy decided to change the crank position censor because it doesn't seem to be getting spark when it won't start. Now it won't start at all. I've givin up and don't know what to do next. Any suggestion would be appreciated. I ready to blow it up and start over with something old with no effing computer!!!!!

I did a quick internets search and came up with a lot of catilic converter issues. It seems that when the cats heat up they "clog" the exhaust system. Here in South Carolina we can cut them out as we don't have inspections (I'm not sure about PA). I don't have a clue, just trying to shoot some ideas/options. Oh, and good luck with the TOTM .. you got my vote! :aok:

No spark I have changed every ignition part . Plug wires distributer rotor???

If you changed everything then maybe try checking your grounds. possibly one broke or even rusted off depending on what you do with your truck off road.

I had something similar happen to me. It turned out to be the connection to the battery and it was intermittent because of the corrosion from several connectors that attach to the main connector on the battery. Cleaned them all up and works perfect. Other issue i had was the entire distributor went out due to a small crack on the side. The car would crank but no start.

On the battery issue, no power at all, just dead.

Replaced distributor or parts ? If you did not know the state of the replacement parts /distributor you may have fixed nothing by the swap. Your original symptoms are very common of distributor failure, as is no spark. Cat failure will generally throw a code, prior to complete failure. ECU's could go flaky but they tend to just fail unless you have had an over voltage situation.

No pick n pulls locally?? I go to my local yard enough to know them as a "regular" and for something like this, I would pay them upfront telling them the situation, and if it wasnt the ecu, I could bring it back. Had to do it twice for my talon actually

Ecu fried for no aparent reason in that car a few times

A local friend/board member/craigslist person may be able to help though

Had it running tonight!!!!!! I was testing some wires in front of the distributer and it started right up. Runs good and didn't shut off when it got up to temp. ??? I even drove it around a little. The check engine light is still on and P1320 comes up

Edited by PaMountianbiker