Road Trip! Relocation!

sroeser01

Moving from South Florida (everglades area) back up to PA. 1300 miles or so i believe and am currently trying to think of everything i can to do to the truck to get it ready for the haul...any ideas? timing belt, water pump, thermostat ect, ect ideas ? dont wanna forget anything THANKS!!!

1300 miles is nothing to worry about. Just make sure everything is in good shape before you head out. Belts, hoses, tires, brakes, oil, lights, etc.

If your timing belt is already due then yes, change it. That should be a no brainer.

PA ain't a tiny state, what corner you heading to?

:lol:

33rd out of 50? 46k sq miles?? Yeah, about 1/4 of Cali... :tongue:

Like everyone said, hoses, belts, oil, coolant, air pressure, etc. Is you timing belt due? If not, it doesn't need to be done just for a 2-3 day drive.

B

:lol:

33rd out of 50? 46k sq miles?? Yeah, about 1/4 of Cali... :tongue:

Like everyone said, hoses, belts, oil, coolant, air pressure, etc. Is you timing belt due? If not, it doesn't need to be done just for a 2-3 day drive.

B

1300 miles in 2-3 days? I drove 1000 in less than 24 hours when I brought my S12 home. Granted, I don't think the Pathy is anywhere near as comfortable or road trip friendly...

Why rush?? Make a trip of it, not a chore... ;)

B

Exactly, ain't running the Cannonball Run or anything. Enjoy the sites!

And I know PA ain't cali or Texas but it's still bigger than... uh... Riboflavin?

hoses...belts...oil...spare tire...tent...food...water...how big of a trailer are you hauling?

my last trip from CA to SC was quite the event with a 24 hr closure of I40 for a sand storm...tornadoes in Arkansas...flooding in nashville...a flat tire in alabama with no spare (luckily between 2 quick stops i was able to plug it and continue on my merry way)

so i drove for 400 miles with signs saying I-40 was closed...when we got there I passed 20 miles of tractor trailers parked double file on the side of the highway...where the state troopers turned us around i stopped at the next exit up and me my gf and her 2 kids camped there for the night

DSCN5045.jpg

Today did power steering flush, tranny flush, coolant flush, brake pads and rotors, headlight. Will do timing belt water pump and ac belt if i can get space in the garage. Have a full size spare and its a 8x6 uhaul ill be towing