instrument panel symbols

dart6

Your post wasn't deleted, you replied to the OP's other thread.

WTF!!! I tried to look for this for 5 minutes and I thought I was going crazy!

Here's my evidence

Your warning light of "round muffler with 3 wiggley lines over it" really stumped me. I did some Google image hunting and found this.

http://www.estima-motoring.co.uk/FAQ%20-%20Dashboard%20Warning%20Lights.htm

Dashboard%20Warning%20Lights1.jpg

I know it's for Toyota, but ignore that. It says exhaust temperature light? Sounds like some extra emissions system not in the US. I guess that's how they do it in New Zealand?

As for your original problem with the starter, it sounds like something is preventing the starter from getting power. This might be the neutral safety switch/ relay that controls this, or some loose/frayed wires

• Like 1

I wanna know what kind of snazzy catalytic converters have temperature probes! Definitely not a USDM thing! I know USDM Pathfinder's have exhaust temperature probes, but as far as i know, it's part of the EGR.

i know lol i was saying your right it looks like the exhaust temp light.

yeah, I know. I'm just messing with you.

That's pretty handy. You can tell if your catalytic converter is going out.

That would have helped my dad. He had a 1983 Mercury Cougar (the crappy slow ones). He got under one day to get rid of a stick or something...his cat was red hot. scary as hell

Yes... looks like a tasty hamburger steaming with hot flavorful goodness...steaming right off of it...

Okay okay...

I have thought about putting a exhaust temp probe in my setup, but decided it would be more of a novelty than something I would actually use.

Yes... looks like a tasty hamburger steaming with hot flavorful goodness...steaming right off of it...

instead of a dinging sound like leaving your keys in the ignition with the door open, you hear "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a cheeseburger today" through your stereo speakers!

YES! Awesome!!!

I dont think I have a low fuel light...

I have never seen it, and this is the second cluster....neither of which apparently had one...nor did they have dual odometer trip meter thingies...

Oh well... just my luck haha

YES! Awesome!!!

I dont think I have a low fuel light...

I have never seen it, and this is the second cluster....neither of which apparently had one...nor did they have dual odometer trip meter thingies...

Oh well... just my luck haha

thanks for all the replies especially to ahardbody and towncivilian it looks like the the exhaust temp light

Edited by dart6