instrument panel symbols

dart6

hi i have a 95 terrano v6 auto

Between the doors open symbol and the parking/emergency brake symbol there is another symbol [ for want of a better word] that kind of looks like a round muffler that has 5 WAVEY lines above it.

Can someone tell me what that one represents

thx Brett

hi i have a 95 terrano v6 auto

Between the doors open symbol and the parking/emergency brake symbol there is another symbol [ for want of a better word] that kind of looks like a round muffler that has 5 WAVEY lines above it.

Can someone tell me what that one represents

thx Brett

post a picture of it

Well here is a pic of what your cluster look likes for you.

2010-03-27_044629_95_truck_cluster.jpg

The one your talking about in the middle on the bottom just right of the door ajar light looks kind of like a muffler or cup of coffe lol with 3 lines above it.

I will check the manual to see what it is since i dont have a 94 to 95 pathy with that cluster.

Edited by wd21overland

That's definitely not the brights then. :lol:

Let me check in the FSM too...

EDIT:

From what I'm seeing it is either the ABS warning light or low washer fluid light.

Edited by Tungsten

A/T oil temp is up above between the tach and speedo, next to the 4x4 indicator.

How about this? What are you doing when the light comes on? And if it's just on all the time, take a picture of it.

The rear defogger might be it. The reason i was asking is because all of a sudden the starter won't turn over. i get a a click.

After a bit of research on here i think i'll try the relay mod that others have done with great results.

Gotta say greast site you guys have here it's a credit to ya, it's enabled me to me to get out of a bind before

While I cannot help you with your symbol question, I do like the digital clock and trip meter you fellas have on the bottom L/H and R/H corners of your dash layouts.

Mine is very much the same, being a diesel, and has blanks in the two areas I question.

Humph..........

Mine is an "SE" and it has the dual digital odometer, I would think the owners manual should explain what all the symbols have, I don't have one to check but I'm sure someone on here does.

Edited by ahardb0dy

My SE did not have the dual digital trips, but I found one in the junkyard that did, so my truck lost 20k miles over night! I really would like the gear indicator, but don't have the extra plug required to make them work. Your low fuel light might be burnt out, it should be one of the lights illuminated when you turn the key to on before you start the truck.

As for exhaust temp warning light, that makes sense cause it does look like a muffler with heat lines coming off of it. If you can, try to find a Terrano owners manual.

I could have SWORN I answered this already :scratchhead:

The indicator light of the muffler and wiggley lines over it is for when your catalytic converter is overheated. You need to turn the vehicle off and wait for it to cool down.

I definitely posted a picture along with it, but maybe that's why my post got deleted...?

I'm pretty sure that specific indicator is for non-US vehicles, hence you being in New Zealand.

Oh yeah, I also have the dual digital trips. Mine is broken though. I think it's a problem with the cluster itself because I got a replacement and it still doesn't work.

Edited by 1994SEV6