Today at the junkyard I saw..

ahardb0dy

Today at the junkyard I saw a truck I have only seen one time in person and once in a book, I think I posted a pic of this conversion a while back but it was a 2wd Toyota pickup with that Custom Cab conversion, the one where they lengthened the frame by 31" and install the fiberglass cab to the back of the stock cab, they usually had a bench seat in there but this truck had nothing, I looked inside and I thought I heard an echo!! LOL

Pic from book:

2nv8qaf.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy

The 22RTE, Turbo 22R, was only available in 1986 and 1987 Pickups and 4Runners, to compete with the Nissan V6 pickups, until Toyota offered a V6 in 1988.

This engine puts out 135hp at 4,800 rpm 173ft.lbs.of torque at 2,800 rpm.

This truck has no problem holding 70 mph on steep grades in 4th gear.

I am getting 15-16 mpg, mixed city and highway.

:rofl:

What a joke...

To this day there is a 2WD one of those running around where I live. I've seen it for at least 10+ years....

I always wanted a 2WD Turbo Toy, damn things are HARD to find.

close, they were making them in the 70's

doublecab_1970sh_620.jpg

I'm guessing those never made it to the states, I've always liked Bullet doors and I have never seen one here, even at the various Datsun shows I have always attended.

Today at the junkyard I saw a truck I have only seen one time in person and once in a book, I think I posted a pic of this conversion a while back but it was a 2wd Toyota pickup with that Custom Cab conversion, the one where they lengthened the frame by 31" and install the fiberglass cab to the back of the stock cab, they usually had a bench seat in there but this truck had nothing, I looked inside and I thought I heard an echo!! LOL

Pic from book:

2nv8qaf.jpg

There are two of them around here, one I see fairly regularly and another every now and then... I'll try and remember to get a pic sometime. There was a third one too, but ave not seen it in 5 or more years now.

In addition there are, or were, a couple earlier Trailblazers around somewhere too. But again, have not seen them in a while either.

All of them, both versions, I've seen here have been 4WD's