Ordered my SFD today!

I got the OME Heavy duty springs up front. Thought I would need them with the TJM bumper.

They didn't carry a HD spring for the rear. OME only makes a medium.

I didn't opt for the extra 2" perch, so I will start with the 6.5" spring, then trim if needed.

Oh...and I truly hope my 30" tires don't look like donuts after the install... :/

I hope they don't end up looking like this guy's pick up!

bb51cce0.jpg

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

I haven't even had them a year yet. 4/11. Just don't want the expense of five new tires quite yet...

That Chevy looks like it was definitely more than a 6" lift...at least 8" ...and that's not a 2001 body style. Pic is from 2001 "why lift a new truck..." That body style was 88->98. Definitely not "new"

• 1 month later...

Thought I would drop by to update. I received my kit, but since I moved into a Condo, I no longer have the room to install my lift. I'm hoping to get it on in the next couple weeks....hopefully. My buddy has offered up his garage, since I told him it should only take a day. I have to arrange to transport my air compressor, tools, and welder over to his place. I hate condo-life. :headwall:

• Like 1

My ad in the classifieds for the rear springs and shocks has a link where I ordered them and the front springs.

I ordered the KYB struts from Amazon w/ free supersaver shipping. :)

I haven't ordered the rear springs/shocks yet. Going to wait to see how much the front lifts me.

• 5 months later...

FINALLY!!! The weather is cooling off (below 100*) and I now have room and a commuter car (Ford Focus SVT) to take over road duties.

SFD install will be happening SOON!!! I need part numbers, so thought I would post here.

What rear shocks are y'all using with the SFD??? I want to go ahead and order springs and shocks.

• 1 month later...

So, I ordered F250 stock KYB gas shocks....figured they would do for now and see how they work out. Received my springs from Iron Rock Offroad on Friday. (best price online and they even called to verify I ordered the right springs, since I listed a Nissan Pathfinder! :) )

Started today, the write-up I followed wasn't very explicity, so I've learned a few things. When I'm done, I'll try to make a list time to eat dinner now.

I have the Front, Rear, and engine blocks on. Trying to get the steering/suspension back up to the blocks on my own is proving difficult....will try again tomorrow. I will post pics tomorrow...I ran out of daylight today.

• Like 1

Hey 96pathfinder4X4

I just did a 2" SFD with AC coils this weekend. It snowed on me and I laid in it and suffered a little but it's done. Special thanks to Ramdala "gracias huevon" for the write-up and drawings. Everyone here at NPORA had great info and pics. It was pretty straight forward and I did it alone. Buying the KRfabs kit is probably the easiest way because all the thinking has been done for you. You just have to get busy with it and follow everyones advice here on the forums. I purchased the panhard drop backet from Andrew and was definetly impressed with his work and service. Thanks Andy. I machined a steering extension bracket similar to "shift220" and that worked perfect, so special thanx to that guy!! I posted a write up about using Koni strut inserts for the front end and now after install I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I should have went 4" SFD because with the AC coils in the rear I'm still racked but the CV angles are perfect, no more binding. But anyway good luck Dude.

I already have the 2" Lift. Used OME springs and KYB struts. The rear shocks and springs are going to up for sale, soon as I get to the rear lift. Stuck on the front now. I can't lift the front diff up by myself and bolt it in, so I'm going to have to wait for help.

During the lift:

pathfinderlift.jpg

Passenger side:

Pside_lift.jpg

Driver side:

Dside_lift.jpg

Edited by 96Pathfinder4x4
  • Like 1

Good work Dude

Keep going your almost there!!!

Use a little anti-seize on the stock hardware when going back in, I even wire wheeled a few of the really rusty ones. It helps trust me!

Make sure to loosen the rack-n-pinion attachment bolts, so you can move it around when the steering link goes back in helps with aligning the splined couplers.

Keep taking pics

Hi,

Be carefull with your brake lines (ABS & fluid), from the picture they look super stressed.

Good luck !!

Yeah...about that. :( Passenger side ABS line broke. Autozone wants $160! ....going to see if I can fix it or off to the junkyard.

I'm changing the brake lines so I'm not concerned about them...I usually ziptie them up somewhere.

My garage is about as clean as it's going to get....til the Pathy gets out of there. :lol:

Front is completed. I put on new brake pads since I was in there.

Need:

new (or fix) passenger abs line

new P-side lower balljoint (picklefork ate it...note: you don't need to remove it for the lift)

flush & bleed brakelines.

As soon as I bleed the brakes, I can pull it out, turn it around, and start on the rear.

frontlifted.jpg

The rear was time consuming, but simple. I didn't weld anything...we'll see what needs adjusted and when.

Here's how much I cut off the WJ 6.5" lift springs.

2012-11-24_13-46-13_18.jpg

Everything installed.

2012-11-24_13-17-15_539.jpg

"Spare parts" OME 2"lift springs and shocks. Anyone local interested? Will be in For Sale section.

2012-11-24_13-46-06_836.jpg

Final shot! Now need to get some dirt on the tires. Still have a few things to finish up.... alignment (free...3yr deal from Express Tire), cb re-install (new one under warranty), abs line repair/replace, brakes are soft...(rebleed/readjust rear), and reinstall front propellor shaft.

2012-11-24_16-03-41_299.jpg

WJ 6.5" lift springs? What's the reason we can't get larger than 2"?

He did an SFD which relocates the front suspension down 4 inches lower from the original mount, the 6.5 inch springs are needed if you want a 6" inch total lift, they give the rear the same lift.