along came pathy 4WD CONVERSION DONE!

shift_love

Tell us the story of trying it out tonight!

f you...lmao, yea, i high centered it on some deep ruts, it wasnt that it wasnt all id hoped itd be but andrew has been digging some ruts in this spot just so i could get stuck...he and his 35's had to come pull me loose, when i hit the gas i could hear the prop shafts dragging on the ground (cringe) but after that i hit up a few more spots and just paid attention to how deep stuff was and it did fine, thanks again for pulling me out again andrew! but yea i felt dumb, the hilift jack woked as its supposed to, i got the rear free but i had no where to jack up the front on, so i guess next is a bumper, also a winch in the future will help, and ive got a 2001 le with the grain so isnt that different than pre face lift r50? the interior has a different shape to it

And my plan for diggin out those ruts worked perfectly :jig:

LOL we should try it out again saturday night, im down if you are...gotta have safety...one day youll call me cause youre stuck i know it, i just need to learn to be more careful

Real impressed with the job man

Mine is 2wd and I may have to pull the tranny soon, is there much work to it?? Specialty tools? Never pulled a RWD trans before

I work alllll damn day saturday.....worked 7am to 3 at discount tire then 4 to 10 30 at bww.......tomorrow I work 7 to 3 at discount and 4 to prob 11....then probably going out to drink cause this has been a ****** past day and tomorrow is going to suck even more lol. Sunday I dont work til 4....maybe that will work but I might wind up spending sat night in Carrolton at the gfs.

... i got the rear free but i had no where to jack up the front on, so i guess next is a bumper...

You might consider getting some sliders ahead of the bumper. I've heard tell that properly installed sliders can act as a jack point.

Sunday I dont work til 4....maybe that will work but I might wind up spending sat night in Carrolton at the gfs.

yea if you wanna go out let me know, work sucks, but you have too many jobs, do your parents make you pay rent or something living in that big fancy neighborhood you live in?

You might consider getting some sliders ahead of the bumper. I've heard tell that properly installed sliders can act as a jack point.

yea its not a bad idea, but im not digging that its gonna be a day project cause i wanna get the trail gear weld on ones so getting them perfect will take forever, theyre cheap, but labor intensive sooo yea, a bumper should be a bolt on affair unless i have to do a small amount of cutting and welding but not like welding gussets to the frame...i guess well see what happens

Real impressed with the job man

Mine is 2wd and I may have to pull the tranny soon, is there much work to it?? Specialty tools? Never pulled a RWD trans before

thanks man, i appreciate it, it takes a long time but no real specialty tools, mainly 14's 17's 19's and 10's a couple long extensions and a wobble extension and youll be good, may consider a long handled 17mm closed ended pivoting ratchet wrench it helped alot for the top two bellhousing bolts, i had to buy one to get to those two but it made it a hell of a lot easier

• 2 weeks later...

More than likely. I wasn't full throttle, go find a big ass hill and try it out, I'm gonna go out Saturday again and see if I can get more footage. Hopefully in a group this time.

Not a bad little climb... kinda reminds me of my last trip out to bridgeport

281258_213347662050279_100001251391706_578030_1724482_n.jpg

But yea man I dont work til 4 on sunday and thats my only free time this weekend, where is this place at?

Video of said hill climb and some other random @!*%

But yea man I dont work til 4 on sunday and thats my only free time this weekend, where is this place at?

its off 380 in denton, we should plan to go out around noon then if you wanna meet down at racetrack on 407 or something we can head out just pick a time, and let me see if i can get another pathfinder out there with us

• 1 month later...

i finally got around to uploading a video of a small excursion andrew and i did, it was a pretty fun day, unfortunately i haven't been off road since then but here it is

[media=]

[/media] Edited by shift_love

• 3 months later...