Pretty much the end of the Pathfinder

AZ_Pathfinder

Here was the video I found of the "New Look" Pathfinder concept, horrible. It's a Murano now, what a shame. Hold on to you Pathfinders because they're turning into this! Shame on you Nissan.

http://www.motortrend.com/av/autoshow/detroit/2012/1201_2012_detroit_nissan_pathfinder_concept_video/

Edited by AZ_Pathfinder

Its all hopeless. Jap and u.s markets lost their character years ago. Xterra what? that should have been the next gen pathys to carry on for 2 decades. Instead nissan went with pathy, xterra, xtrail, armada....what the hell company carries 4.......FOUR...... SUV classes? Nevermind Infinity....i've lost all hope

Mini-vans with sliding doors etc are becoming passe, especially in the US. Canadians still buy them, but sales are dropping. Average suburbanite family still needs/wants van like utilty but is avoiding the mini-van stigma. So manufacturers rewrap mini-vans without the extras like fold flat seats and sliding doors and make higher profit margins. Works for everyone but real automotive enthusiasts, the smaller percentage of buyers (who already have an Xterra in this market segment). It may be ugly to us, but it is just a numbers game.

Mini-vans with sliding doors etc are becoming passe, especially in the US. Canadians still buy them, but sales are dropping. Average suburbanite family still needs/wants van like utilty but is avoiding the mini-van stigma. So manufacturers rewrap mini-vans without the extras like fold flat seats and sliding doors and make higher profit margins. Works for everyone but real automotive enthusiasts, the smaller percentage of buyers (who already have an Xterra in this market segment). It may be ugly to us, but it is just a numbers game.

I'm surprised they didn't just drop the Pathfinder name. How is it distinct from the 50 other minivans SUVs Nissan makes?

Maybe they had some of the 3rd generation Quest bodies left, remove a sliding door, add a regular door, keep the styling Hideous and there u have it. The new puke a little in your mouth Quest Pathfinder. Interior looks pretty good though. Who knows, maybe it will compete well with the Chevy Transverse, Buick Eggclave, GMC Arcadia. I do see alot of the General SUV's on the road.

I don't think Nissan cares much about off road. Works for me, since I'll never buy anything from Nissan again unless an Xterra, and if that it will be 10 years old by the time I buy. I'm happy with my 98 Pathy. I'm not much of a fan of new cars anyways due to the costs, insurance, crappy quality, lack of DIY-able work. Most cars don't even come with a dip stick any more to check the oil...