Pathfinder vs. Patrol

rwd5021

So, I was just wondering what everybody else thinks of the Nissan Patrol compared to our pathfinders? I would really love a turbo diesel pathy, but I was thinking that if I was going through the trouble of getting that imported it might be better to just bring a Patrol haha. Not that I'm planning on doin it or anything, this is all purely hypothetical. So, if money wasn't an issue, and you wanted to have/build an all around, very capable offroad rig for as many environments as possible, which would you choose? Any Pathfinder vs. any Patrol. Personally, I think I'd go with a Patrol (GR I think but still not sure on that). sorry.... We could share npora tho haha

Edited by rwd5021

patrol without hesitation... full frame, tons of aftermarket support and diesel engine.... I only which I had unlimited budget... I would be driving a patrol...

Edited by fleurys

Lol. Imagine a wd21 pathy with a 4.2l turbodiesel, that would be fun.. but I'd still wanna sas it before doing anything that needs that much power, and the patrol already has a solid front axle.... Sooo I guess I'd still stick with the patrol.

Patrol, if I could get one here.

For those who may not have been around long enough, you should check out the videos posted by memeber Iron Locust...

http://npora.ipbhost.com/index.php?showuser=1160

Go to "Find my content" for his videos. Thats just few. Search the videos for more.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder
  • Like 1

I'd have to go with the Patrol. The point is that we have a modded WD21 and a stockish R50 for a reason, both fulfill a different function. When I have modded the new Patrol appropriately, then I would have to decide which and properly modify one of the remaining Pathys to compliment it while selling the other. ;)

I just wish I could find a old 60's Patrol that isn't a pile of rust or insanely expensive :(

There was one for sale locally that seemed reasonable about a year back. I was and still am in a 'no new project' mindset. :shrug:

B

There was one for sale locally that seemed reasonable about a year back. I was and still am in a 'no new project' mindset. :shrug:

B

Yea I posted one not long ago as well. The ones that are restorable seem to be as much as FJ40 Cruisers, and there are a billion parts for those. I want to find a barn stored Patrol for like 500 bucks. Yea, I dream a lot.

I would still go with a Pathfinder but I find it really awkward how there was never any LHD version of the Patrol for the US market. Toyota did that right with their Land Cruiser even though they already had a 4runner.

I'd have to go with the Patrol.

B

How much was "reasonable"?

Really it depends witch year of each. I would take the w21 over any of the new patrols. But an old one with an H233B up front and a retro-fit QD32+T or maybe even a TD42+T would be my toy of choice out of any other nissan/dasun 4X4

Edited by MY1PATH

Toyota did that right with their Land Cruiser

Almost.. they weren't allowed to bring that 4.2l 1HD-T engine with them. We got stuck with the gutless gasser. :thumbsdown:

Edited by nige