Pan Hard drop brackets

AK9849cy

Are the folks having a good experience with the pan hard drop bracket... just about to make another batch and just wanted to get a report first!

Anyone interested in one of these speak up! This will give me an idea how many to make...

If I end up with a couple extras it is not big deal... just want to make sure I have enough.

They will still be $50 U.S. plus the ride. With a coat of flat black..

DSC02007.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

Interest and money are 2 different things :lol:

So one for nunya... :tongue:

And of course the cost to post some to New Zealand ;)

How many would are we talking? I could weigh them up and let you know...

Probably 5 at this stage at a guess?

OK.. went and got the steel today... My next day off is Monday. Will be spending the whole day on this...

Edited by AK9849cy

Damn, it would work for me if it was 2-2.5" but it looks like 3" will put it visibly low. Yeah, I only have a 2" lift. Too bad, you do really nice work. :aok:

B

Hmm, what drop is this for? 2" suits me.

Is there any chance of doing a 2" drop bracket as well?

It will not work with this style..

If a guy wanted to cut a bit of the lower side of the factory mount off... it could probably be done.

However will only be selling 3 inch units for now.

Edited by AK9849cy

It will not work with this style..

If a guy wanted to cut a bit of the lower side of the factory mount off... it could probably be done.

However will only be selling 3 inch units for now.

That's OK, please let me know what postage will be when you can, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry guys... I appears that every time I say "drop down bracket" life throws something my direction. As shown in the Pathy build thread, I had to fill the garage with stuff that was in storage. Once I get this stuff sorted through and the Pathy back on wheels (setting apart on driveway) there will be time/space for these brackets.

The plan is to make a few little tweaks and find a good powder coating firm. I am approaching this as if I was the person wanting the bracket and what would I expect. To keep the powder coat price down it looks like the bigger batch the better.

If someone can't wait (needs it now and doesn't care about powder coating) speak up. As soon as I can get them together I will send them your way with a coat of rattle can black. This will happens as soon as a "free day?!?" comes along... Thanks again!

I am sorry guys... I appears that every time I say "drop down bracket" life throws something my direction. As shown in the Pathy build thread, I had to fill the garage with stuff that was in storage. Once I get this stuff sorted through and the Pathy back on wheels (setting apart on driveway) there will be time/space for these brackets.

The plan is to make a few little tweaks and find a good powder coating firm. I am approaching this as if I was the person wanting the bracket and what would I expect. To keep the powder coat price down it looks like the bigger batch the better.

If someone can't wait (needs it now and doesn't care about powder coating) speak up. As soon as I can get them together I will send them your way with a coat of rattle can black. This will happens as soon as a "free day?!?" comes along... Thanks again!

ill take one...shipped to 97504...let me know what i need to do

Probably best to shoot him a PM. That way he'll get notified via e-mail. He's prompt with replies so my guess he never saw your question. He's a pretty busy guy and I'll put my money on that he doesn't comb thru all the threads all the time when posting here.

It's all good. Since you seem to have a Hardbody past you're probably not familiar with the Pathfinder 5 link rear. Here's a link of when Ryan was making the bracket and all of its version before the retail version. On post #24 I have a couple of links that should answer all your inqueries but if you still need some answers after that feel free to post them up.

BLAMO. <---- Magical link of answers

Ryan, why not coat them yourself? Its what I do.

$50 machine from Harbor Freight (they sell powder too, but I get mine from a supplier a few counties over. www.columbiacoatings.com)

An old oven (can have an electronic timer or not. Mine does, is an old digital unit.)

Compressor...

Sandblasting equipment... (I built my blasting box...but HF sells smaller ones too.)

Its a hell of a lot easier than people think. Almost all of my suspension stuff is coated...and it cost me a few hours of time and the powder...