Checking in from UT

BikerJared

Hey All -

I bought a 94 Pathfinder last March. Its my first 4x4 and so far has been fairly fun. It replaced an RX8 because of the snow in the winters (we normally get snow, right?) and my backpacking habit.

I just wanted to check in with the other folks around here. :)

Jared

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
3 minutes ago, Pathfinder2 said:

Utah discord server for R50 offroad enthusiasts!

https://discord.gg/28jBMRY

Saw this pop up in comments on my YouTube channel. They both got marked as spam by YouTube.

whats the real advantage of a discord compared to other forms of communication....?

1 hour ago, PathyDude17 said:

Saw this pop up in comments on my YouTube channel. They both got marked as spam by YouTube.

whats the real advantage of a discord compared to other forms of communication....?

Im not much of a forum guy.  Discord is easier and there's an app for instant communication without using cell numbers.

My understanding is that Discord grew out of gaming. Primarily for speed but also to create private gaming chat groups outside the purview of the game itself. Like all things, it has also been turned to for illicit activities. Fortunately, it is at least US based & is at least supposed to conform to US privacy laws (see Telegram for a counter example).

Personally, I’d argue that like the train wreck that is NPORA FaceBook, if they aren’t serious & well behaved enough to use the forum, I’d question if your time is well spent there.

• Thanks 1

I can’t stand discord. Too much going on in the program. My wife uses it for gaming to chat with her friends. I tried it twice and I couldn’t get on board with it. Forums are much easier to use.

Sent from my Pathfinder

50 minutes ago, R50JR said:

I can’t stand discord. Too much going on in the program. My wife uses it for gaming to chat with her friends. I tried it twice and I couldn’t get on board with it. Forums are much easier to use.

Sent from my Pathfinder

So far, I’ve only seen forums as legitimate platforms for real technical discussions- the archiving function of forums is far superior to any other medium, especially things like *cough* Facebook *cough* groups

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 1/11/2012 at 10:32 PM, BikerJared said:

Hey All -

I bought a 94 Pathfinder last March. Its my first 4x4 and so far has been fairly fun. It replaced an RX8 because of the snow in the winters (we normally get snow, right?) and my backpacking habit.

I just wanted to check in with the other folks around here. :)

Jared

hey, send another Discord link