Bushings

Milos

Okay, to continue my famous changing of bushings.

I used "Energy Suspension" bushings (and I had made in Japan black ones that comes with sleeve inside).

So, Energy Suspension sleeves are no good, and can not be used, I should buy four made in Japan instead.

Installed top row of red ones.

icicet.jpg

We had to use old sleeves. I throw Energy Suspension sleeves as garbage. Well I think that I will use long ones as a slide for my Stratocaster.

It looks like this:

24q4chl.jpg

Installation was easy, I was watching what mechanic was doing, I gave him the paper instructions of Energy Suspension, but he did not used the instructions...

We also changed the shock bushings (top shock bushings, there are two donuts).

qri7fq.jpg

There was a problem to find lower shock bushings, in local store, and they told me that is impossible to get factory lower shock bushings, and that I should use two parts that looks like cone bushing, then we cut each ending of sides so it can fit in.

35jz028.jpg

Edicer2 told me to get Turn Stopper Caps, (https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/turn-stopper-caps-p-6072.html) and I did, here is the image:

2i9po5l.jpg

Edited by Milos

• 3 weeks later...

Next to change are:

2 CV Boots, 390367575569_6.jpg

2 Lower & 2 Upper Ball Joints 120679935580_1.jpg

2 Front Inner Tie Rod Ends 290493103312_1.jpg

2 OUTER TIE ROD Ends 320867984059_1.jpg

Your Expert for Bushings.

Edited by Milos

I have few questions:

What is this (Transmission Bushing)?:

$(KGrHqRHJCwE7Bcvh4)(BO75MT3vgg~~60_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

What is this (Lower Control Arm Bushing)?

140.jpg

What is this (Track Arm Bushing)?

140.jpg

Is this the same as the other one (Control Arm Bushing)?

140.jpg

please do not laugh loud.

Edited by Milos

I have few questions:

What is this (Transmission Bushing)?:

$(KGrHqRHJCwE7Bcvh4)(BO75MT3vgg~~60_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

What is this (Lower Control Arm Bushing)?

140.jpg

What is this (Track Arm Bushing)?

140.jpg

Is this the same as the other one (Control Arm Bushing)?

140.jpg

please do not laugh loud.

The bushing pictured underneath that round "whatever it is" TIMKIN thing, is a bushing for a front end control arm.

The cone shaped bushing under that is for the rear end panhard rod (or sway bar whatever..)

the other ones shown are for the upper and lower rear control arms (they have a metal sleeve around them) and they fit both upper and lower arms.

-Chris

Transmission bushing looks like the input shaft seal. Kinda weird.

Panhard bar and sway bar are two very different things. The "track bar bushings" = panhard bar bushings, that's the big ass bar that goes from the frame with a bracket to the axle to locate it.

Since you seem to be going with all poly bushings, I'd go with them as well for the rear trailing arms, IF you even need them.

Looks good! When I redo all my bushings, I will be using these notes. Regarding your shock absorber bushings.... New shocks come with these already installed,and you'll have new shocks. I just bought 4 rancho 5000 for $100 at Sears. Yup $100 for all 4. Look for them at half off, cause they are about $50+ at most places, most the time. ALL the "extra parts" that came with were NOT used. Meaning a mostly straight forward/exact factory swap However, be sure to keep all nuts and washers you remove. Better yet, find new ones at the hardware store. The proper sized replacement nut and washers are the only parts that are really needed yet not supplied. EXCEPT FOR: front upper. They supply those, probly because it will take a cutting disk or torch (both in my case) to remove the upper hut/bushing side of the shock. Just be careful of the mount! About the only other thing you haven't touched on is the rear coil spring. Amazon has Moog springs for about $75. Hope this info helps.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My understanding is that you do. The stock ones aren't that good. Apparently you can weld bearing cups or something on there instead to hold the bushings. I don't have a part # for that though.

Edited by Slartibartfast