Rear Bump Stops

William

I noticed recently (after the BL) that both of my REAR BUMP STOPS

are completely missing!!! (could be the previous owner's fault!!)

RearAxleRearSuspension.jpg

Should I replace them with OEM ones?

Should I just sleep on it?

How about the ones from ENERGY SUSPENSIONS below. Any fit our application for the Rear End?

BumpStops.jpg

William

Edited by William

I suggested removing the bumpstops when my dad, uncle, and I went at the frame. They both said it was a lousy idea, because if a tire went out, the axle would travel too far or something. They're both car guys, but their experience is mostly with British sports cars.

Maybe PM Shasdakota, looks like he just put 9.9109s on his rig: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=29263&st=1200

Odds are you'll bottom a shock out long before slapping the axle against the frame, but I kinda like havign something for that 1 in 1,000,000 chance of something retarded happening and actually needing one

What the hell? I don't have those bump stops on my '95. As I'm second owner, the PO must have removed them....but he was an old dude and never wheeled it or anything. I don't have a BL or SL...are they really important?? Do they just bolt in/ on?

Edit...I just followed this thread...

Maybe PM Shasdakota, looks like he just put 9.9109s on his rig: http://npora.ipbhost...c=29263&st=1200

Edited by lint

I took my bump stops off and boy what a mistake that was. My springs are getting saggy, so over those large speed bumps the tires would rub the fenders. Brand new shocks too. I put people in the back, even worse. Then the next day I had to tow a trailer and it was all bad lol.

So make sure the suspension is up to spec before taking them off...

Wow Really? I've had 3 Pathy's and only this one had one. 1 side was missing entirely. I took mine off because it was limiting up travel while stuffing the tire. I suppose maybe if you remove one of the loops instead an keep the rest would be more preferred?

Edited by Dowser

I think usually the rubber comes unglued from the metal bracket that is attached to the frame, at least thats what happened in my case. I went to the junkyard a got a pair for next to nothing. The problem is that the bolts that hold the brackets on tend to be very rusty and break inside the frame, and it's a pain to drill out because of the small clearance between the axle and frame. I just spot welded mine back in place, however I was hesitant to weld to the frame since you aren't supposed to do that. So I welded to the top spring tower and tried to keep off the main frame. They have held up very well. I would recommend putting something back on there because if you have much weight at all in the back and your suspension is a little weak, your tires will rub the fenderwells.