MotherF#@ker Spark Plugs #6

jaredfrompcola

I read on here how its not that hard to change your plugs. But dam did Nissan really have to put #6 so far and so low on the motor. I found it and started to pull the boot off and of course the boot broke right in the middle of it (MotherF#$ker). I had to climb on the motor ( I am only 5'5) so I can find where the boot was located. Next had to get a ride to Advance they don't have the wire,they called two others auto places and they did not have the wires either (really started to get nervous,Dealer is 1 hr away from me). Luckily Auto Zone had the wires ($53). After all this finally got home and worked on getting the old boot and metal part off. Then used a swivel and socket and got the old plug out. Used a rubber hose to put new plug in. After #6 was done the rest where very easy.

If you do plugs it will save you alot of money. Guy quoted me $250 because he had to take off alot of parts and his time.

If you try this I recommend you have the following:

New Plugs (Your Choice) I bought NGK ($2.50 piece)

New Wires ($53)

Ratchet with 10 inch extension

Swivel extension

Small flash night

Rubber hose to help guide spark plug in

If your going full tune up, might as well do fresh filters and an oil change. Check those diffs too!

:rofl: at more #6 hatred I still don't understand and even more at silverton breaking a rad... Though I ain't suprised :lol:

usually the cap comes with the rotor

mine did

got a question about the dist./rotor... i know the dist is easy just match with old. but i was reading that you have to mark your rotor so you do not get it wrong with putting new one on. not sure if i am asking this right. i had a Toyota and it did not seemed that hard. is this correct or am i reading it wrong.

got a question about the dist./rotor... i know the dist is easy just match with old. but i was reading that you have to mark your rotor so you do not get it wrong with putting new one on. not sure if i am asking this right. i had a Toyota and it did not seemed that hard. is this correct or am i reading it wrong.

As long as you don't take the actual distributor out (only remove the cap and rotor) then I don't think you can put them on in a different way... just make sure you put the wires back on the right place.