dont hate me guys... i traded my pathfinder

path.on.35s

ok dont hate me guys but i traded my pathfinder. i realized that my pathfinder was to the point where it was going to need to go under the knife to make it into a capable wheeler. it was either do a sbc swap and sas and chop the hell out of it or trade for an international scout i found on craigs list. so i went from this....

nate109.jpg

to this :fireworx:

missmona.jpg

missmonajpg2.jpg

missmonajpg3.jpg

missmonajpg4.jpg

1974 International Scout II

727 auto trans

Dana 20

(Wagoneer?)Front axle: 4:88 gears, ARB locker, chromo shafts, CTM u-joints & High steer

Rear axle: Scout 44 new 4:88 Yukon gears with spool

Gearbox rebuilt and ported by PSC

Ballistic Fab diff covers

springover with stock leaves, overload removed from springpack

5/8" u-bolts with heavy plates

35" Boggers with GOOD tread

Custom full cage tied to frame

late model chevy front seats

dovetailed rear

ARB compressor

all new floors

new body bushings

new shackles and spring bushings

Taurus elec. fan

new wiring

the engine purrs like a kitten. proven tough in clayton, ok! :wiggle:

oh the green will be black soon and i am already looking for a hard body or petrol to build. i miss my nissan but just in axles and tires alone theres twice the money that i had in my pathfinder. also i had the dreaded trans clog while wheeling and first started actin up. i now have the scout to crawl and going to start on a smaller trail rig again. best of all is he traded straight up and also through in a whole other powertrain plus a truck load of parts. lol :dance:

Edited by path.on.35s

best of all is he traded straight up and also through in a whole other powertrain plus a truck load of parts. lol :dance:

Probably because he got tired of installing them all the time... :tongue:

No worries about the trade, the pathy wasn't enough for you off road so you traded it for a built wheeler, and one with style too. The PO probably traded across for something that he could still wheel but that was newer, more comfortable or whatever. Everyone got what they wanted.

One thing is that I haven't heard much good about the Dana 20s, especially with a V8 pushing it. Hopefully I'm just misinformed. :aok:

B

What's not to like about an old Scout? Athestitacly I wouldn't have cut the grill out personally since I like the front end on them but it looks like it was done with some purpose so I can forgive it :lol:

while scouts are great trucks it's really hard to find parts for them

the diesel ones actually use the same diesel that goes into the terranos :lol:

i would have kept the pathfinder but if you want bigger then you got it

Probably because he got tired of installing them all the time... :tongue:

No worries about the trade, the pathy wasn't enough for you off road so you traded it for a built wheeler, and one with style too. The PO probably traded across for something that he could still wheel but that was newer, more comfortable or whatever. Everyone got what they wanted.

One thing is that I haven't heard much good about the Dana 20s, especially with a V8 pushing it. Hopefully I'm just misinformed. :aok:

B

he actually built this one and it at clayton and then found a good deal on a fully built tube buggy and had this one sitting around. the transfer case is my only concern with this rig. he had a low range twin stick in it but a buddy of his needed it so he put the 20 back in. as far as parts being hard to find he included enough parts to just about build another complete scout. full complete rolling chassis all it needs is a tub to be a complete vehicle. i feel like i stole it because i had 2500 in my hole pathifinder and there is over that in the front axle. lol. just caught the right guy in the right mood. hes going to use my pathfinder for a grocery getter unless someone offers him cash for it. i am working on buying the twin stick t-case from him. he wants 750 for it.

What's not to like about an old Scout? Athestitacly I wouldn't have cut the grill out personally since I like the front end on them but it looks like it was done with some purpose so I can forgive it :lol:

i am working on locating a late 60's model grill to replace it with. the owner before this guy got it had plans on narrowing the front end about a foot and a half. the rear was dovetailed 2 foot and the guy i got it from returned it to 10 incher narrower then stock. he left it cut out to put in that electric fan but i have a thin fan out of an old drag car so im going to install it with the new grill.

Those internationals are kinda rare.

There rare cause they rotted sitting on the show room floor.

To the OP, nice truck, its probly a scout 44 in front as well. Dont do anything too the 345. When you say late 60s scout you mean a scout 80?

Thanks. I'm extremely happy with it. I took it out this weekend. Drove it through a few ponds and I must say that I am impressed.

How does it ride? It looks kinda cramped. From the small pictures, it looks like a big, beefy SUV type thing that was smushed to make it shorter.

It ride smooth. It's got flexy springs. It's a full size suv so it's not cramped. It hasn't been "smushed" at all. The rear had been " dove tailed " to make the rear narrower. If you don't know what that is then google it

• 1 month later...