Hello from Tasmania, Australia

hoare85

Hi all just a very brief introduction to both of my WD21's I first got the 92 Pathfinder back in June 2011 it's been around that's for sure with 360,000k's on the clock picked it up for a decent price and was already fitted with ironman 40mm suspension lift along with around a 40mm body lift, front alloy bar, snorkel, roof racks.. Since I've got it I've been slowly working my way through the bushes that are stuffed and ball joints etc. the engine has seen better day but is still going I've just about finished rebuilding the replacement Z25i for it and should hopefully be put back in the car before Xmas..

And the 89 Terrano well I haven't picked this up yet but it's a ZD27T with 195,000k's but got it with a stuffed gearbox that's spread across the back of the car but only paid $1300 for this and for what it is I'm very happy with it so far.. First thing is to et the box rebuilt and fitted as I really don't have the time to do it myself.. But it's pretty well standard apart from a set of alloys and the HD exedy clutch..

I'll put some pics up later as I'm on my iPhone ATM thou :)

Thanks precise

Yeah that's a possibility or both able offroaders but while working on one I can still have fun with the other :) my daily is a vz SS crewman which has a worked ls2 and gives the same fuel economy as the Z24 lol

Must say the Terrano needs a fair bit of beefing up which will be my main focus per the pathfinder..

Welcome! We do like pics here so don't be shy with them whether they be sweet scenery off the beaten path or pieces scattered in the driveway! And if you ever get tired of that RHD stuff or diesel goodness, I would gladly take em off your hands for you :crossedwires:

iphone has a nice free photobucket app too that you can use... copy the codes into your post for posting them up :aok:

Hi all just a very brief introduction to both of my WD21's I first got the 92 Pathfinder back in June 2011 it's been around that's for sure with 360,000k's on the clock picked it up for a decent price and was already fitted with ironman 40mm suspension lift along with around a 40mm body lift, front alloy bar, snorkel, roof racks.. Since I've got it I've been slowly working my way through the bushes that are stuffed and ball joints etc. the engine has seen better day but is still going I've just about finished rebuilding the replacement Z25i for it and should hopefully be put back in the car before Xmas..

And the 89 Terrano well I haven't picked this up yet but it's a ZD27T with 195,000k's but got it with a stuffed gearbox that's spread across the back of the car but only paid $1300 for this and for what it is I'm very happy with it so far.. First thing is to et the box rebuilt and fitted as I really don't have the time to do it myself.. But it's pretty well standard apart from a set of alloys and the HD exedy clutch..

I'll put some pics up later as I'm on my iPhone ATM thou :)

Hello,Wow Holden to Terrano that's a change.Post some pics.:)

@&$" it didn't work!!

Try again lol can I delete posts on my iPhone aswell??

Crewman

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff418/hoare85/b695eea1.jpg

Terrano I'm still yet to pick this up yet as I bought it the day before I flew back to work and the gear box is spread accord 3 different workshops so I've found out since being back at work but should be going again before Xmas

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff418/hoare85/ba4bd24c.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff418/hoare85/96db8e2f.jpg

Pathfinder

Made the rear bar and carrier myself very strong and very simple!! The rebuilt engine will hopefully be swapped with the old one in a couple of weeks when I'm home next :)

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff418/hoare85/44fb9701.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff418/hoare85/9dafd773.mp4

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff418/hoare85/1c34958c.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff418/hoare85/10eb81f5.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff418/hoare85/37a0cd2d.jpg

Edit ah worked it out lol

Edited by hoare85

Crewman, half car half pickup... interesting, never seen that. :scratchhead:

The Terrano looks really nice, I love the rims pianted in flat black would do wonders and I really want a stock carrier.

2 doors Pathfinder, nice. Did you work the engine too? you are skilled. :)

Crewman, half car half pickup... interesting, never seen that. :scratchhead:

The Terrano looks really nice, I love the rims pianted in flat black would do wonders and I really want a stock carrier.

2 doors Pathfinder, nice. Did you work the engine too? you are skilled. :)

Yeah it was made in Australia while the VY and VZ commodore was in production mine was one of the last ones with the 6Liter ls2

Yeah done a bit of work only 10thou off the head and ported the head myself along with new pistons but otherwise standard thinking maybe a very small cam as to keep the car practical off road still..

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of updates:

Z24 is DEAD rebuilt started and fingered in 5min can't be bothered finding the problem with the engine so this is now a spares car for the Terrano.. But in short 3liters of water in sump my guess is that the block was a little weak in a cylinder and has now got a crack in it but oh well..

Couple of picks of the terrano as I've now picked it up and given it a bit of a clean

4f5b583a.jpg

d24b58f9.jpg

Sourced another tranny and transfer case locally which was a bonus as I had called near every wreckers in the state..

Fitted a boost gauge and seems to be running around 10psi ATM

Apart from that there isn't much more to report for now :)

Any tips are more than welcome :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well home from work and got the tranny in and back together enough for a test drive and all seems well.. Very happy with it and feels quite good to drive just need to wind the torsion bars up more and replace the front uni's before I fit the front shaft and that will be be the last of the big jobs that need doing straight away before it's first adventure :)

Couple of new additions

555746fd.jpg

Shovel mounts

5bf80b55.jpg

Tyre pressure sensors fitted

Also went to order my ARB winch bar and they won't be available until April and that's only once they have enough back ordered either way I can't wait 4 months to have it.. Personally I think this is pretty poor on ARB's behalf..

Few action shots from a day out over Xmas

The Meeting point let the fun begin

bee591e1.jpg

474771e3.jpg

c96cee7b.jpg

8f9eccd7.jpg

My brothers 89 hilux and my terrano

6cd9505d.jpg

Me likes.

Your brother's Hilux is awsome. :aok:

Yeah it's not bad had a bit of work done to and was quite quite cheap :)

Here's a tree I found yesterday that had been blown over the track for some time by the looks of it..

e0aa0cfe.jpg

373d0d2a.jpg

Pffffffft. You let that little branch stop you? :new576:

Nice location. Wish trees here were that big.

Yeah there are certain areas here that have never been completely logged which is good, where abouts are you located?

Southern Ontario Canada. There is very little original growth left in all of Ontario. Most has been logged at one time or another, or turned into farming fields. Only when you go into No Man's land Northern Ontario do you find areas of Crown land that have been saved. But still.... Only a few decent provincial parks that have old growth. Other Provinces have done far better at keeping things they way they should be.