Spaced Out

02silverpathy

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should I...

• Mount spacers between body mount and strut mount w/another OEM mount
    • Try again another Nissan OEM strut mount, mount spacer inside spring combo and hope for the best
    • Lose the spacer

Hi all,

been a long time since I really posted much of anything. I have however continued to love my pathy...well it hasn't been mutual lately.

I have the AC 2" coil lift set up with a 3/4" spacer, which is mounted inside the spring/strut combo. I recently replaced the passenger side strut mount and have driven it approx 3K on road mles and it is wrecked again (rubber seperated).

I am fed up with this totally.

Please post up with your set up (inside strut combo vs outside vs just spring lift), and your woes. Maybe you can help ease my pain!

**If I was spending more dough on the pathy I would lose the spacer and get a SFD kit, but that is a "new" bathroom amount of money away.

Edited by 02silverpathy

Have you been using OEM strut mount bearings?

Yes sir. Bearings and mounts.

My spacers look like NX4's top mount style, but I have been using them inside the coil set up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm, it appears that by using my spacers on the inside there is no support under the rubber mount, so they are more able to pull apart. I have used these spacers for 6 years and only replaced the drvrs side 1x and now the passenger is headed for its 2nd one.

Anyone have pictures of there rig with the top mount from NX4 in use? I think that I might try them on top of the strut mount, but don't want to be taller in the front than the rear.

Edited by 02silverpathy

Yes sir. Bearings and mounts.

My spacers look like NX4's top mount style, but I have been using them inside the coil set up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm, it appears that by using my spacers on the inside there is no support under the rubber mount, so they are more able to pull apart. I have used these spacers for 6 years and only replaced the drvrs side 1x and now the passenger is headed for its 2nd one.

Anyone have pictures of there rig with the top mount from NX4 in use? I think that I might try them on top of the strut mount, but don't want to be taller in the front than the rear.

Here's an old post......with pics!

NX4 Spacer Installed LINK

Ahh, this forum is the best. Most all the folks on here have the best intentions!

I got another strut mount, from Advance this time, and will be mounting both sides on top of the mount isolator....I will post my outcome. Thank you all...again!