How well does YOUR rear defroster work?

nunya

Wow, lucky your fix worked so easily... after I applied copper paint to mine I just found more areas where the strip is damaged making the resistance too high (I get hot spots only at that very specific point in the strip)... need to do a third round of painting!

• 1 year later...

I'm having a hard time with mine guys. I really can't find any breaks or scratches in the wire but when I hit the defrost button it lights up? Is there a fuse somewhere? I didn't see one and Its starting to get cold up here and id be nice to get it working

Good

Good

Good

Good

Good

Good

Good

Good

Good

Good

Good

Good

Guess I am lucky, they have worked perfectly on both my trucks. Make sure the stuff you put in the back doesn't smash against the window guys!

Edited by adamzan

Last winter I notice my rear def had a few lines that weren't working...so I picked up this kit to fix it.. http://www.amazon.co...21796650&sr=8-1

Can't say how well the kit works cuz before I could get around to that project I awoke one morning with a rock through my rear window....solved my defroster repair problem anyway...

I used this same kit just last weekend to patch my defogger, works great. Thankfully I had just one wire broken, the one located about dead center in the window....d'ohhh!

I have done repairs with a kit like that before (made by Permatex) on other cars. My tip is don't bother checking for continuity because the circuit loops around the gap. Instead take a note which ones fail to work and then go across with a magnifying glass and you will pick up all the tiny breaks. Then just tape off, clean surface, and apply. It will be good as new.

Edited by Tungsten
  • Like 1

was pretty good until I removed the ugly purple tint, now it with the wiper will get rid of snow - frost eventually (slowly)

mine looks about like nunya's on the first page

Edited by headpeace

I have to ask, just how high was the wind to be able to put a sufficiently sized rock into rear window of your Pathy hard enough to break it? :blink:

B

I believe it was 90mph+ that day. I was parked with the arse end facing into the wind, my buddy opened the door & it was nearly wrenched off it's hinges. He couldn't close the door again, the wind was too strong. That's when the rock hit the window, I had to turn the truck sideways to get the door shut again. :ohno01: It was so strong the truck was rocking like a ship in a tornado. It was pretty scary!

Here's the truck with the window out.....

339902_10150563479397248_48648524_o.jpg

Here's a video of down in the valley at a gas station, the wind was a lot less down here......

th_SoCalFroaders.jpg

Edited by theexbrit

• 10 months later...

My defroster doesn't work at all :angry: previous owner didn't take care of the vehicle at all. The rear defroster, wiper motor and lock actuator are all out of whack. Gonna have to look into the wiring judging by the "awesome job" he did wiring the fuel pump I just tore out.

I believe it was 90mph+ that day. I was parked with the arse end facing into the wind, my buddy opened the door & it was nearly wrenched off it's hinges. He couldn't close the door again, the wind was too strong. That's when the rock hit the window, I had to turn the truck sideways to get the door shut again. :ohno01: It was so strong the truck was rocking like a ship in a tornado. It was pretty scary!

Here's the truck with the window out.....
339902_10150563479397248_48648524_o.jpg

Here's a video of down in the valley at a gas station, the wind was a lot less down here......
th_SoCalFroaders.jpg

That's some insane wind! I witnessed about 3/4 that the last time I was in Anza. Been to that gas station many times too :laugh:

My defroster works very well.

The rear wiper- not so much. I replaced the blade, but the arm itself seems to be tweaked as it won't fully wipe the window. Still better than nothing. :ph33r:

Edited by Karmann