OME Rear Suspension Install

PivoArch

Here are a few photos from the install today.

BEFORE:

DSC00800.jpg

DSC00797.jpg

PARTS:

DSC00795.jpg

AXLE LOWERED:

DSC00803.jpg

OLD VERSUS NEW:

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

DONE:

DSC00807.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

All in all it took about 3 hours start to finish with a brief trip to the computer for torque values. Definitely, a worth while investment, ride is so much better.

Nice work man! So what spring combo did you go with? Did you take before and after measurements? It looks like the front didn't lift very much? The back definitely has a nice stance tho.

Edit- Did you just do the rear?

Edited by winnipegjohnston

Thanks.

Yea, just the rear was installed. OME is upgrading the design of the front struts so I am waiting for thoose to hit the States. I have been told they should be available some time next month. The rear picked up about 2 to 2.5 inches, but the stock springs were shot so I am sure it was sagging. I think when they settle it will probably be about .5 to 1 inch over stock.

Hmm, interesting... I have the rear end sag going on especially when I tow my boat. This looks like a good option. Are these the Medium Duty springs?

Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to see how different products out there work (or don't).

Edited by winnipegjohnston

Yea, OME only makes a Medium Duty for the springs. I would definately recommend them, the ride is fantastic. I used to be able to almost bottom out my rear by standing on my tow hitch, now it moves maybe 1/2 and inch. Paired with the OME shocks it has worked great.

Sounds good Steve, thanks for the update. I noticed they updated thier part numbers on the PDF for Pathfinders. Also, thanks for getting the springs out to me. They work great.

Hmm, interesting... I have the rear end sag going on especially when I tow my boat. This looks like a good option. Are these the Medium Duty springs?

Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to see how different products out there work (or don't).

Check out this thread. I had the same problem, i tow a utility trailer sometimes and load the back of my pathy up for camping a lot. The improvement is great for towing.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=30469&st=0&p=577876&fromsearch=1entry577876

I've been in contact with ARB on the new redesigned struts. AFAIK they are built and in australia. It's going to be about another 8 weeks or so untill we see them here in the states.

Any ballpark on how much they are going to sell for?

Sounds good Steve, thanks for the update. I noticed they updated thier part numbers on the PDF for Pathfinders. Also, thanks for getting the springs out to me. They work great.

No Problem!

Any ballpark on how much they are going to sell for?

I actually know exactly what they are going to sell for... 194.95 ea.

Check out this thread. I had the same problem, i tow a utility trailer sometimes and load the back of my pathy up for camping a lot. The improvement is great for towing.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=30469&st=0&p=577876&fromsearch=1entry577876

Thanks! Your truck looks good in those pictures...not too much rake imo. Done, this is the setup I'm going to run in the spring when boat season starts up again!