HID Projectors! ----INSTALLED /w PICS

edicer2

Hi William I will try and measure that for you might he hard now with the grill and brush guard back on there. C and D are the same size as the OEM headlights but ill measure them anyways I will also get the measurements for A and B

Thank you Edicer2. Hoping to get those measurements soon dude ;)

A 2"

B 3.5"

C 6"

D 9"

gap was .5"

Thank you Edicer2 for the dimensions.

Are these "A" and "B" measurements without the GAP difference?

Where did you buy your projectors from? Model or Part#?

William

Thank you Edicer2 for the dimensions.

Are these "A" and "B" measurements without the GAP difference?

Where did you buy your projectors from? Model or Part#?

William

yeah that is without the .5" spacer i installed they are .5" larger than that for actual measurements.

Look in my first couple of posts i posted a link to them and all the stuff i used.

Edited by edicer2

Nice work man! I know a few people that have done similar setups and they worked out nicely. I will be doing the same thing later this month hopefully and will share my results as well if you like!

hey thanks! yeah it was pretty easy to do! let me know how yours turn out alwyas nice to see how others work....one reason i liked the way my went is i could always revert back to halogen bulbs if i wanted too.

• 5 weeks later...

I found these on amazon. I think it will be easier to install. I will let you know as soon as I get them.

$61.59 + $9.99 shipping

In Stock. Sold by Kensun

Kensun HID Xenon Conversion Kit with Premium Ballasts - 9004 (HB1) Lo/Hi Halogen (Low-Beam Xenon/ High-Beam Halogen) - 6000k by Kensun

Edited by jwmyers23

backup camera shows up on screen when in reverse

IMG_20111022_112732-1.jpg

What kind of head unit is that? ive seen a few around but don't recall any brands. Pretty handy media wise as its only one din

I found these on amazon. I think it will be easier to install. I will let you know as soon as I get them.

$61.59 + $9.99 shipping

In Stock. Sold by Kensun

Kensun HID Xenon Conversion Kit with Premium Ballasts - 9004 (HB1) Lo/Hi Halogen (Low-Beam Xenon/ High-Beam Halogen) - 6000k by Kensun

whole point was projectors not just HID you can slap hids in there and it blinds everyone and scatters the light to much. It seemed really dim yet so thats why i went with the projectors and its amazing the difference it made.

What kind of head unit is that? ive seen a few around but don't recall any brands. Pretty handy media wise as its only one din

it is a "Dual" brand flip out. look on ebay or walmart for it. Its like 200-300 bucks. Has more options than my clarion though

• 3 weeks later...

Despite the bad comments i like the look of the headlight pop out. My question is where did you get the JDM side markers and turn signals? I've always wanted them but cant find them. Even my buddy at ProbodyParts cant gettem for me

thanks yeah them sticking out has grown on me i have a brush guard and you dont even notice with it on there. I actually had a member from austraila send me a set of the clear coners were kind of spendy too but i wanted black ones. I know you can buy them on ebay but they are chrome. The turn signal ones are just off ebay and they are nissan hardbody lights which are like 30 bucks or something shipped.

The clear coners look really good with my new projectors because i installed some "cool white" leds in the clear corners that matches my hid color very well. I hated the yellowish orange color the regular bulbs put out in the clear corners

Ebay has complete HID (high/low) kits with ballasts and all for around $39 shipped. Just did the wife's Altima... rather than buying ONE replacement from Nissan for $180 I got a complete kit for $39...

LINK

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab156604c

Edited by tmoore4512

Ebay has complete HID (high/low) kits with ballasts and all for around $39 shipped. Just did the wife's Altima... rather than buying ONE replacement from Nissan for $180 I got a complete kit for $39...

Link?!?!?!?

I wouldnt used hids in the stock housing those look and perform terrible thats why I suggest using PROJECTORS with HIDS. Hence the thread.

Plus cheap ebay headlights flicker...espeically when they are cold....i have probably 6 sets of them in my garage and and 2 sets for the z's not worth getting.

Edited by edicer2

I have not had any issues out of the ones I got, which were the same ones I linky here:

eBay HID's

Not disagreeing with you, as the life of them will probably be shorter than OEM or some other high dollar units... however I have not had a single flicker, blown bulb, low voltage, over voltage etc issue yet and it has been a while since they were done...

Edited by tmoore4512

• 4 months later...

i'm not planning on wasting money on hid's whatsoever I just find random things so I can drop random knowledge bombs. seemed a lot easier than having to modify stock lights to fit a projector

the ones you posted suck i had them on my 86na 300zx and they were worse than my sealed beam even with hids in them. they arent real projectors they are a fake look alike and since they are black make them twice as bad as the chrome ones. Also if your using a hot bulb in them i have seen the "projector lense" get hot and the glue melts and it falls out. I had that happen on my first set. Theres no cheap way to do projectors but theres also no replacement o get anywhere near the light output and not blind people.

Not trying to be a dickhead just letting you know so you dont buy them and get disappointed

Edited by edicer2

• 1 month later...